whats for dinner tonight?

Options
I have no clue what to make for dinner tonight.

any suggestions for something with boneless chicken? (That can either be done on the stove, or crockpot?)

Replies

• tammykoon
    tammykoon Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Whole wheat pasta, laughing cow cheese, little lite sour cream to smooth out sauce, fresh veggies (or a bag of your fav frozen), and sliced grilled chicken on top.
  • risefromruin
    risefromruin Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I like to kind of stir fry it on the stove with some olive oil, italian herbs, and red pepper flakes for a kick. I either put this on a salad, on some pasta, or pour some marinara over it. Super simple but it seems to hit the spot.
  • asudheimer
    asudheimer Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I make a dish called chicken and onions, sautee some onions until brown and dice the chicken into chunks with it, than serve over egg noodles with a veggie on the side. You can spritz with I can't believe it's not butter... DELISH! :) Super simple, few ingredients, and tastes amazing.
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I have no idea either, my wife hasn't informed me yet :laugh:
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Im having 2 shredded chicken breast on a tortilla shell with
    basil tomato laughing cow cheese, lettuce and tomatoes,
    A tomato cucumber and onion in vinegar salad.
    15 cracker chips and a 1/2 cup of salsa
    All for 413 calories.
    Gotta love the laughing cow cheese!!
  • Lindz2323
    Lindz2323 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I made something about a week ago, it turned out realllyyy good. It was about 500 calories. I bought some Luigi Vitelli whole wheat fuselli pasta, cooked that, then I Sauteed some yellow squash, sun-dried julienne tomatoes, and mushrooms in a pan with some cut up chicken breast, and with one tbsp of challenge butter tuscan garlic/olive oil, added a little fresh garlic as well. and all of that together was sooo yummy!!
  • misssmiles
    misssmiles Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    i'm doing chicken breasts on the grill covered in mango salsa with green beans (sauteed in garlic oil) on the side!!
  • GetFitE
    GetFitE Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Grilled chicken salad or just eat the chicken (seasoned with bbq sauce or some other type of seasonings) with veggies and a side salad. I prefer not to eat pasta for dinner bc it's too heavy for me right before bed and slows down metabolism.
  • SoCalSwimmerDude
    SoCalSwimmerDude Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Orange chicken - cube the chicken, salt/pepper, cup of orange juice (fresh squeezed is best but both will work), garlic, red chili flakes or some other spicy ingredients, and veggies of your choice.

Put it in a skillet w/ a bit of olive oil and let it simmer until the chicken is cooked that the OJ has reduced to a carmel-like consistency.
  • asudheimer
    asudheimer Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    If you are using the crockpot you can just throw the chicken in with a litle salt & pepper, heat it until fullt cooked, will be super tender, shred with a fork than add in some rot-tel tomatoes and serve in tortillas, top with sour-cream or greek yogurt, fat-free cheese and guacamole. :) Yummy!
  • jmgj27
    jmgj27 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Weird - previous post just disappeared. I would suggest grilled chicken kebabs with green peppers, onions and mushrooms with tabbouleh salad or cous cous.
  • Strive2BLean
    Strive2BLean Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I like to marinate my chicken then grill it, cut up into a spring mix salad blend along with fresh strawberries, chick peas, red onion, and sometimes grated cheese. I make a lemon vinaigrette for the dressing, or if you have peppers and onions you can roast the veg. or grill or lightly saute and add to cooked chicken for a chicken fajita with or without tortilla.
  • BrickHouse2011
    BrickHouse2011 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    4oz of chicken topped with 1/4 cup of shredded cheese and 1/2 cup of your favorite salsa. Veggies on the side or 1 cup of brown rice. It tastes like a chicken fajita with out the tortilla.
  • Gmc2424
    Gmc2424 Posts: 5
    Options
    Here's a great chicken soup/stew recipe that's easy to make, very filling, low in calories and fat. I make a big pot of it and eat all week for lunch or dinner.

Sautee diced baby carrots, celery and onion in a pot with a chicken boullion cube, two teaspoons of olive oil and parsely flakes. After veggies start to get tender, add a large contained of College Inn Fat Free Low Sodium chicken broth. simmer until veggies get soft.

I bake or grill two chicken breasts separately than dice the meat and add when the soup is completed. I have also added in two cups of raw diced baby spinach leaves after cooking. They wilt just enough. If you add during simmer they get too mushy. You can also add in one tablespoon of grated parmesan cheese.

A two cup serving is about 90 calories.
  • traceymccune
    Options
    Chicken Cordon Bleu made with those light swiss laughing cow cheese wedges and smoked ham is delicious!
  • up2me2lose20
    up2me2lose20 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I've got chicken breasts in the crockpot for shredded chicken tacos tonight! :)
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Chicken fajitas.

Chicken
    Peppers
    onions
    mushrooms
    any other veggies you have

Season with salt, pepper or some grill seasoning. We add a splash of low sodium soy. Cook it up and serve with tortillas, sour cream, salsa, lettuce, fresh tomatoes and maybe some cheese.

We are having this tonight but with steak and some fresh corn on the grill. My DH cooks all of the above on the grill and it is RIDICULOUS!!!