Tips for late night hunger....

Options
WOW... Im amazed by all the support this site/program has.... its refreshing to actually hear from real people sharing info and showing results. I just started yesterday and now I'm very cautious at what i eat... Which is great cuz i love food.. and sometimes i dont know when to say i had enough until im just super stuffed.... Me being 30 and having a spare tire is not the greatest feeling. I realized i gained a little weight when I had to suck in my stomach a lil to button my jeans, shirts feeling a lil snug and belly starting to show.... Not a good look... So i decided to watch what i eat and exercise alot more. I was searching for a calorie counter and found this app. Then from the app i found this site... and this site is awesome... so much info to absorb and share as well.

My day to day routine for 5 days is wake up around 7-730 get ready for work and leave the house, most of the time no breakfast. Get to wrk at 930... lunch around 1 or 2 (first meal of the day) most of the time not healthy but every now and then a grilled chicken salad or wrap. Snack on something in the afternoon, chocolate bar or candy of some sort.... then leave for home around 7... pick up take out on the way home... eat.... rest for a couple hours.. and back out to my second job as a club photographer... have 1-3 mixed drinks (depends on mood) leave club around 3 feeling hungry, end up getting white castle or hot wings... by 4-430 in bed and start all over again....

So no wonder I now have a spare tire that i need to get rid of....

Just 2 weeks ago I have been very cautious what i eat now.... alot of veggies and fruits for snacks... I love rice but now in moderation.. actually i love carbs period but have been limiting myself now.

My biggest problem is when i work on my late nights and feel hungry while heading home... do you guys have any ideas what i can eat that late prior to goin to bed???

Good luck everyone and lets keep working to get to our goals.

Replies

• LaurieBLouise
    LaurieBLouise Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    your body thinks it's time for breakfast, so why not amuse it and have some cereal? low cal and still yummy. my favorite is cinnamon chex.
  • jpeterburs88
    jpeterburs88 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    i usually eat orville redenbacher (spelling?) smart pop pocorn- its low cal and its light so i don't have a stomach ache from going to bed full! that and I drink plenty of water- or flavored water with no cals for some taste!
  • VParee
    VParee Posts: 26
    Options
    I will eat 1 (Mission Wheat Tortilla Carb Balance) with 1 slice of Turkey ham with 1/4 of an avocado and 1 cup of raw baby spinich :) it helps me alot
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    These are only suggestions so take them as you'd like....

1. Eat something for breakfast. It could be anything from a hard boiled egg, piece of fruit, , toast with nutella or peanut butter on it. Your body needs that jump start in the morning.

2. For the late night cravings: maybe a 90 calorie special K bar, cereal with milk, almonds, 100 calorie popcorn
  • FitPhysique
    FitPhysique Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. First I would suggest that you eat breakfast even if it's a piece of fruit something. Right now your metabolism is very sluggish. You should not be skipping meals but if you absolutely have to...breakfast should not be the one you skip. I would say focus on one change at a time. Right now, your short term goal should be to eat breakfast everyday within 45-60 mins of waking up to speed up your metabolism. I love fiber one, kellog's bar those are easy and low in cals. Good luck.
  • FitPhysique
    FitPhysique Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    These are only suggestions so take them as you'd like....

1. Eat something for breakfast. It could be anything from a hard boiled egg, piece of fruit, , toast with nutella or peanut butter on it. Your body needs that jump start in the morning.

2. For the late night cravings: maybe a 90 calorie special K bar, cereal with milk, almonds, 100 calorie popcorn

Yeap...everythign she said :drinker:
  • joeljohn
    joeljohn Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestion and yes i agree skippin on breakfast is the worst... I have been trying to have breakfast every morning now.. whether it be a 3 hardboiled eggs ( 1 whole with yoke and 2 eggwhites) to fruit and milk in the morning... one of my coworkers suggested the heaviest meal should be breakfast and the lightest is dinner... do you guys agree???
  • kmccall42
    kmccall42 Posts: 13
    Options
    Hi, they say eat like a king at breakfast a queen at lunch and dinner like a pauper. sound about right it was our generation who changed dinner to be the large meal which just lies in our stomache before bed. hope this helps :-) x