Post your bulk macros!

Options
This is all just for fun and out of curiousity(:
Currently at 3400 cals:
210P
435C
90f

Been upping 100 cals every week. Probably going to stop around 3800 and see how weight fluctuates from there(:

Replies

• RedWolf09
    RedWolf09 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Currently 5000 calories:
    111g fat
    750g carbs
    250g protein
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    @RedWolf09 mirin those macros! Lol
    What do you fill your carbs with? I always get to the end of the night where I'm high on protein, and lots of carbs to fill. Usually fill them with lots of sweet potatoes, not a big fan of fill my carbs with ice cream haha. What do you usually tend to eat?
  • RedWolf09
    Options
    What do you fill your carbs with? I always get to the end of the night where I'm high on protein, and lots of carbs to fill. Usually fill them with lots of sweet potatoes, not a big fan of fill my carbs with ice cream haha. What do you usually tend to eat?

Mostly oatmeal and honey for the carbs. 3 cups at a time and I add a lot of honey to it. Also eat ramen plain without the seasoning, really easy to down sometimes I can eat 4 blocks after the gym if I'm hungry.

Sweet potatoes are so good but they're really filling too.
  • pinggolfer96
    Options
    RedWolf09 wrote: »

Mostly oatmeal and honey for the carbs. 3 cups at a time and I add a lot of honey to it. Also eat ramen plain without the seasoning, really easy to down sometimes I can eat 4 blocks after the gym if I'm hungry.

Sweet potatoes are so good but they're really filling too.

Filling is not in my vocabulary lol. I swear I have a never ending pit in my stomach.
  • try_harderG
    try_harderG Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    How,late are you eating the,carbs?
    Also what's your recipe for the oatmeal and honey? Cooked oatmeal?
  • RedWolf09
    Options
    How,late are you eating the,carbs?
    Also what's your recipe for the oatmeal and honey? Cooked oatmeal?

As soon as I wake up and throughout the day. Whenever I can really.

For oatmeal I do 6 servings (3 cups), 5+ tablespoons of honey, and 2 cups milk. And yeah cooked I just make it in the microwave though.
  • sscarmack
    sscarmack Posts: 210 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I'm no where near Redwing but I'm slowly gaining weight and my strength is going up.

3,000 calories
    375-400g Carbs
    50-75g Fats
    150-175g Protein

I should actually probably up it to 3,250 tbh.
  • FitGirl0123
    FitGirl0123 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    I'm still figuring out macros as I'm just beginning a bulking cycle. I have never done a clean bulk before but that's the plan this time.
  • pinggolfer96
    Options
    Nice @FitGirl0123 !!! Post them once you have an idea!(:
  • thintribe2014
    thintribe2014 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Seriously! i am awed by how much you can all consume on a bulk. I'm not a small person i take in 2100 -2400 cals per day..the last 6 weeks i increased to 2700ish and literally ballooned and it wasn't with lean muscle.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I'm no longer bulking, but at the end of mine I was at
    3300 calories 400g C,128g F,130-140g P
  • try_harderG
    try_harderG Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I'm.hitting around 3200 sometimes 3500 and seeing how I go. Anyone done red meat in.the Morning?
  • pinggolfer96
    Options
    I'm.hitting around 3200 sometimes 3500 and seeing how I go. Anyone done red meat in.the Morning?

I'm actually about to grill up some eye of round and eggs for my breakfast!(:
  • pinggolfer96
    Options
    Seriously! i am awed by how much you can all consume on a bulk. I'm not a small person i take in 2100 -2400 cals per day..the last 6 weeks i increased to 2700ish and literally ballooned and it wasn't with lean muscle.

i was the same way at the start of my bulk. I increased extremely slow, but I noticed if I jumped too fast I bloated. You need to allow your body to adjust to the increase in carbs and sodium since they both retain water. If I did a refeed on my cut, I'd bloat like crazy the day after, but now I'm on the same macros basically as my refeeds everyday and my body has adjusted.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »

Were you really up that high? How long was your bulk?

• jdscrubs32
    jdscrubs32 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    When I was bulking calorie level was 4,000 with the split being carbs 500g, protein 200g & fats 133g
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    This thread kind of makes me mad lol Im on 1500 calories and this guy just told me to lower it to 1300 and wanted me to get 160g of protein in that... on a vegetarian diet. I tried to ask why he felt that was necessary and he basically told me try to get at least around their like maybe 120-130 on a 1300 diet which is not easy for me. I was doing 97-115g on a 1500 and figured Id do 130-140 on a 1700-1900 calorie diet and if I ever tried to bulk up I'd do more. I notice you all are eating a lot more and its no where near the percentage he was telling me to be at. :/ I know you up carbs but still... Seems weird. I thought 30-35% protein would suffice. Good luck all.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    sardelsa wrote: »

Were you really up that high? How long was your bulk?

4.5 months. Yea I don't sit still all day plus 3 leg/glute days a week did me in.
  • pinggolfer96
    Options
    Verity1111 wrote: »
    This thread kind of makes me mad lol Im on 1500 calories and this guy just told me to lower it to 1300 and wanted me to get 160g of protein in that... on a vegetarian diet. I tried to ask why he felt that was necessary and he basically told me try to get at least around their like maybe 120-130 on a 1300 diet which is not easy for me. I was doing 97-115g on a 1500 and figured Id do 130-140 on a 1700-1900 calorie diet and if I ever tried to bulk up I'd do more. I notice you all are eating a lot more and its no where near the percentage he was telling me to be at. :/ I know you up carbs but still... Seems weird. I thought 30-35% protein would suffice. Good luck all.

Don't base macros off of a percent or ratio. Determine them by your bodyweight. First finding fat and protein minimums, then filling remaining calories with carbs, unless you prefer a higher fat diet.
  • pinggolfer96
    Options
    So I'm jumping up to 3550 this week at 475 carb, 210P, and 90F. Depending on how active and busy I am, I maybe bump up too 500C or 100F. I'll see how it goes(: trying to get some mass!!!:D