Not losing weight, help!

So, I started out at 1,200 calories a day with cardio 30 minutes a day and strength training 10 minutes a day, six times a week for a month. I went from 186 to 152 in that time frame. Naturally, I couldn't keep up with it and felt sick and dizzy all the time so I quit for a couple months. Just last month I started again only this time I eat 1,400 calories a day sometimes 1,600 and do cardio 50 minutes a day with strength training for 30 five times a week. It's been six weeks and absolutely No results! I've gained two pounds and the measuring tape says I've lost only half an inch. What gives?? I want to lose weight. At five foot three, being one hundred and fifty pounds is pretty extreme. Please, someone help me here

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Are you using a food scale?
  • ariana_eatsandlifts
    ariana_eatsandlifts Posts: 197 Member
    Are you using a food scale to weigh your food? Your diary is closed, it's hard to tell what could be going on.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    At 5'3" and 150ish you should be losing on 1400.

Want to open your diary so we can have a look and maybe spot something throwing you off?

Also, are you eating exercise calories back?
    Are you using a food scale?
  • kerawhitt
    kerawhitt Posts: 10 Member
    Yes, I track every bite I eat or drink and watch for stuff with sugar or high carbs
  • ariana_eatsandlifts
    If you're not losing weight, you're either underestimating your intake or overestimating your exercise calories.
  • kerawhitt
    I'm unsure how to do that. The app on my phone is really messed up. It even says I've gained 7 pounds when I haven't lol. I don't eat the calories back or have a cheat day
  • shadow2soul
    kerawhitt wrote: »
    I'm unsure how to do that. The app on my phone is really messed up. It even says I've gained 7 pounds when I haven't lol. I don't eat the calories back or have a cheat day

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    You went from 186 to 152 in a MONTH??? That's 34 pounds! In a MONTH??? Wow. It's hard to believe that with so much added exercise and just a couple of hundred extra calories a day that you aren't losing. Either your exercise is not burning as many calories as you think or you are eating more than you are admitting to doing so. I am 5'2" and 138 pounds and still have 28 more to go. The only time I don't lose is when I take a break from exercising and/or eating less. Start logging everything!
  • kerawhitt
    I'm not sure, I've asked around and most say it's from gaining muscle but I can't be sure as I had more fat before than anything else and I see a slight difference in tone all around but my main goal was to lose weight, not tone up yet. For my height and weight I usually burn 235 calories a day. If I eat anything less than 1400 I feel light headed and too weak to work out
  • shadow2soul
    I'm not sure, I've asked around and most say it's from gaining muscle but I can't be sure as I had more fat before than anything else and I see a slight difference in tone all around but my main goal was to lose weight, not tone up yet. For my height and weight I usually burn 235 calories a day. If I eat anything less than 1400 I feel light headed and too weak to work out

Can't gain muscle unless your in a surplus. Open your diary. (link to settings in my post above)
  • ariana_eatsandlifts
    I guarantee you're not gaining muscle on 1400 calories a day.
  • kerawhitt
    I've asked E7's in SF and that's what they say. It's not showing when I use the link. The entire app is hard to nagivate. Yesterday it said one gained 11, last night I lost 4 and today I've gained 7. Everything other than the diary on the home page is completly messed up. I made a compliant with the app and they apologized about it but still nothing has been fixed
  • kerawhitt
    I'm just wondering because I've gained two but half a inch everywhere: each leg, arms, neck, etc. Doesn't make sense that I went from dramatic results to nothing after making minor changes
  • shadow2soul
    I've asked E7's in SF and that's what they say. It's not showing when I use the link. The entire app is hard to nagivate. Yesterday it said one gained 11, last night I lost 4 and today I've gained 7. Everything other than the diary on the home page is completly messed up. I made a compliant with the app and they apologized about it but still nothing has been fixed

You can access the site from your phones browser or a computer.
    www.myfitnesspal.com
  • ariana_eatsandlifts
    If you're on the app, try more > settings > diary settings > diary sharing > public
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member

Have you tried the web based version of MFP?
  • kerawhitt
    I'm going to try a computer. I used it a couple years ago and didn't have any problems. My mother in law used the app and found it wouldn't allow her to log at all. It must be the app
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    1. Buy a food scale and keep it out on your counter.
    2. Set MFP to 0.5 lbs per week loss and eat all your calories
    3. Use the food scale and log honestly and accurately.
    4. Eat back half your exercise calories

150 lbs is not extreme for your height, it is 10 lbs over the healthy weight range. You lost the weight you did way to fast. Take a deep breath, you can do this. Please take care of yourself :drinker:
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    If you've lost some size but are at the same weight then you have obviously gained some muscle! Stay with it and I bet you will start loosin again in a couple of weeks.
  • jaques33
    jaques33 Posts: 23 Member
    Why don't you get your body fat measured each month. Some times you don't lose weight but body fat. Also go by how your clothes fit and how healthy you feel.