Newly Diabetic, among other diet-related issues

Options
I was just diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes, as well as high cholesterol and a very fatty liver. I was already on Metformin for several years for PCOS, so finding out my A1C was 11.1 was a major wakeup call to change my lifestyle. That and the discovery that my liver enzymes are nearly 10 times the normal range due to too much fat. I'm relieved it's not due to cancer or something else more serious, but if I don't start eating better and exercising again, it'll only get worse.

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I feel for you. A few years ago I had a similar diagnosis. With significant weight loss my diabetes is in remission and I am in no more meds. My doctor referred me to a local program.

I can't candy coat it. It's a lot of work to get here.
  • allierye
    allierye Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I hope I can say the same in a few years. I've never been good at working hard at anything for myself, but these diagnoses are kinda scary. I just might be able to do it this time.
  • cfl14
    cfl14 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am with you all the way sweetie. Let's look at this as an adventure we are going to ride out together. :*
  • rheum558
    rheum558 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yeah
    I am now owning up to being diabetic after a heart attack. You can improve your diabetes and liver with diet and meds. Just stay positive and realize every challenge can be overcome.