How to log P90 calories burned accurately?

Options
I have just started doing P90 yesterday. I see on other peoples profiles how they have how many calories they burned and it says p90 and stuff. I cant seem to find it in the data base and when I put it under different categories it just doesn't seem to me that its accurate. Any suggestions would help. Also if you have done P90 or are currently doing P90 feel free to add me I could use the support :) Thanks!!!

Replies

• ElizabethDoesCrossfit
    ElizabethDoesCrossfit Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I started it too, and I google how many calories for each, you find pretty accurate amounts on livestrong.com. But it's said its 600+ every workout. Have fun and good luck! (:
  • mguinn01
    mguinn01 Posts: 3
    Options
    I'll see what I can find out. I just started P90X last Monday. I'm really sore today of course.
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Heart Rate Monitor.
  • mguinn01
    mguinn01 Posts: 3
    Options
    Wow! 600+ calories for each workout? Wow! I hope that is right...
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    You need to invest in a heart rate monitor.

I think this needs to be my default response today.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Your burn is not going to be 600 calories per workout. You need to use a heart rate monitor.

Go to Exercise tab, then enter P90X Cardio X, a message will pop up that says it's not in the database, towards the bottom of the screen click on: Can't find what you're looking for? Add an exercise to the database. Then add in the name, time, and calories burned.
  • arodriguez24
    arodriguez24 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Each workout burns different amounts, I would say the average for strength training is about 300-400, and 500-800 for cardio workouts. What I do is wear a heart rate monitor and log it that way.
  • Girl1Beagle4
    Girl1Beagle4 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I do P90X and it is not in the database. I had to create my own exercise name. I wear a Heart Rate Monitor and that is how I know how many calories I burn during my exercise. When you create your own exercise you have to pu the duration and calories burned in it yourself. I hope that helps. I know that I do not bur 600+ calories when I do the weights of P90X but I do when I do the Plyo and Kenpo. I hope this helps.
  • flgirlsteph
    flgirlsteph Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    wow thats alot lol
  • flgirlsteph
    flgirlsteph Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much guess I'll be getting myself a heart rate monitor :)