what games would you like...

godblessourhome
godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
edited September 28 in Chit-Chat
to play at a bridal shower? what food would you like provided? what would you think of painting a plate/bowl/platter for the couple? what do you think of the hosts asking for a 'sweets' recipe from each guest to make a dessert cookbook for the bride?

Replies

• shmmry17
    shmmry17 Posts: 4
    I think that my dessert/cookbook was my FAVORITE gift from my shower. The host sent out a recipe card with the invites and the guest brought them to the shower already filled out. it was great and I still use those recipes! It was fun trying new things and seeing what kinds of foods my friends and family like to eat.
  • amberlee2011
    amberlee2011 Posts: 129
    The toilet paper game is always fun! Have your guests split in to teams and they have to make wedding dresses using toilet paper (no tape). I've played this twice and it's always fun!
  • 1234lbsgone
    1234lbsgone Posts: 296 Member
    I like asking for recipes.

Some games I have liked in the past:

*Each table got a package of tolet paper and 15 minutes to dress a member of the team in a wedding dress. Then we held a fashion show and voted by applause. The bride had to make the final decision.

*Bingo as she opens her gifts. All of the squares have names of things on the registry, you cover them as she opens.

*Who has the oddest thing object in their purse.

*Who knows the bride quiz.
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    The "sweets" recipe is such a cute idea! You would probably get some great recipes! Painting something would be great too, maybe a serving platter they would use often?

Food just depends on time of day. Morning/before lunch: fruit & veggie tray, cheese maybe, punch, and cake/cupcakes. Mid-afternoon: still fruit and veggies w/ dip, cheese & cracker tray, punch, cupcakes/cake, maybe even cute cookies, light sandwiches (pimiento cheese or tuna/ham/chicken salad sandwiches cut into quarters), the little smoky weinies with bbq sauce (MFP friends stay away but they are always a hit at showers), "party swirls" basically a tortilla with cream cheese and thinly diced vegetables or sliced ham/turkey rolled up together, etc.

Games...I am always struggling with that one so don't ask me!

Have fun!
This discussion has been closed.