my highest 244lbs .. now I'm 190lbs

Options
I just want to thank God and all of you for your support. I love this app. I am striving to be 160lbs because I am 5'8". I have scoliosis and kyphosis real bad so I hardly exercise. I am also a diabetic. This app helps me keep tract of what I eat and it's definitely a life saver. To all struggling with their weight, keep your head up. Whether you are trying to loose it or gain it. I been on both sides of the line. I was 100lbs at age 18 and trying to gain. Then after 2 kids I gained up to 244lbs, my highest, and now i'm 30 and down to 190lbs. If you ever need a friend. ..I'm here for you! God Bless

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Well done! Keep going that is a great accomplishment.

Cheers, h.
  • lavrn03
    lavrn03 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Just sent a friend request
  • Makay1
    Makay1 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Sending friend request! I'm around 5'6, SW 213, CW 203, GW 160ish
  • julie2038
    julie2038 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Thanking God first. Woo hoo!! Keep up the great work!
  • tltmom
    tltmom Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you! You sound determined and on the right track. Your spine will thank you for taking off the weight!
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Good for you. I love all the success reports here on MFP! What a victory for you!

I bet you are like me, wondering what to do with clothes that are too big! I had knee pain using stairs, but now it is completely gone.

I know your weight loss will has helped your health improve and will continue to do so. Have you picked up a bag of dog food or something else 50 lb? That is HEAVY, and you have lost more than that. Congratulations!

We both have lost such a good amount and still have more to go. Let's keep the vision and commitment to keep going strong.

Me? SW 248 CW 181 GW 145
  • skinnybitchshelly
    Options
    Congratulations and what a great inspiration you are to me. I an also at my heaviest at 249. I'm down 1 lb. I've been hovering on that 1 lb for a couple weeks. It's nobody's fault but mine because I haven't been fully dedicated. MFP does help me immensely. Can I ask how long it took to get down 30 lbs? Keep up the good work!
  • cieralantonio8
    cieralantonio8 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wow thanks so much for the comments and friend requests. I truly love amd care for you all. I will always be here to support each and everyone of you. I lost 54lbs only by the grace of God because I'm in too much pain to exercise but I been eating less. Small portion more frequently and my doctor told me and my husband to eat less than 1800 calories a day which I'm on day 4. Unfortunately my husband is at 234lbs and only lost one pound so far so i'm trying to help him also. God bless you all
  • mysteps2beauty
    mysteps2beauty Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    It's amazing you have lost so much weight from portion control alone!!! Very nice! I too am tall 5'10, and at my heaviest 241...I was young too weighing 110 for a really long time. That changed gradually until I weighed 135 at age 37 and became pregnant. Even though I breasfed for a long time, the hormone injection I was given for birth control ruined my metabolism, and I just kept getting heavier. I no longer exercised and hear I am today, having gone on a diet only once in my early 40s losing and gaining back 45 lbs. What was i thinking...smh

But congrats to you for doing so very well. Keep up the good work. I would love to follow your journey, so I will send a friend request. Onward we go!
  • cieralantonio8
    cieralantonio8 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Don't give up dear...we can encourage each other. Thanks for sharing your story and thanks to all who friend requested me. I will be here for all of you.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!