Question about calories

Options
So I made a dish with mushrooms and meat, but I didn't like the meat in it so I did not eat the meat. So I should remove the calories from meat in MFP?

Replies

• Protranser
    Protranser Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Absolutely, since you're not eating any of it. However, if you end up repurposing it for a different dish, maybe you should keep it in your log.

If you're throwing it away, well, then I suppose you'll never eat it, so it shouldn't be on your log.
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    If they cooked together at the same time in the same pan, I would remove 3/4 of the meat calories since they were cooked together & you are probably getting some nutrients and calories from the residual juices... Otherwise, yeah, gone!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Personally, I would just leave it, but if you need the calories, log half.
  • dinosaurparty
    dinosaurparty Posts: 185 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »

But isn't that technically the same as under-logging because you ate over your goal? Your body doesn't know mfp exists, there's no point in lying to a phone app. :)

OP, I'd probably log like 15 or 20% of the calories from your meat, especially if it was all cooked together in the same pot, and the meat wasn't something really lean. It's probably overestimating a little, but fat and stuff from the meat would probably have been mixed in while you cooked.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I'll vote for logging 75% of the meat calories. It's just one meal, so not a huge deal either way.

Meat and mushrooms go very well together sometimes. :)
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I'll vote for logging 75% of the meat calories. It's just one meal, so not a huge deal either way.

Meat and mushrooms go very well together sometimes. :)
  • mirunizzle9
    mirunizzle9 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »

But isn't that technically the same as under-logging because you ate over your goal? Your body doesn't know mfp exists, there's no point in lying to a phone app. :)

OP, I'd probably log like 15 or 20% of the calories from your meat, especially if it was all cooked together in the same pot, and the meat wasn't something really lean. It's probably overestimating a little, but fat and stuff from the meat would probably have been mixed in while you cooked.

it was chicken leg, meat and skin, and yes they we re cooked together and I also eaten some of it at first. I guess I m gonna log it 50% or all