Person who has never exercised in her life

Options
Hi. Kate here.
Yep, in a nutshell, that's me. I've never exercised in my life but since coming to Oz, I've noticed it's a way of life. People here are into drinking, motoring, and of course the gym.
I decided to finally get off my fat bum and step into a gym (for the 1st time in my life) after being inspired by a friend who I've witnessed transform before my very eyes...from lanky boy to yummy!
Being 32 and all that, it's time to be more serious with health and make a conscious effort to get in shape.
So, 2 weeks in, haven't seen changes yet but I'm not worried. These things take time and patience so just gotta stick with it and stay motivated.
I hope to lose 10kg by December and squeeze into a swimsuit now that summer is nearing.
I'm pear-shaped so would love to meet anyone here who's the same shape and can share tips on how to attack this kind of form. LOL!!!
Loving this app by the way.
Best of luck to all your fitness journeys!

Replies

• rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Hi Kate! Good for you for wanting to make changes in your life.

I was also someone who wasn't active. As I got older I became obese, but I totally flipped it and got in to the best shape of my life at almost 40 and feel fabulous!

I'm not sure of your stats, but 10kg by December sounds a little aggressive IMO. However with patience and consistency I'm sure you will reach your goal.

I wish you the very best with your weight loss and fitting into that swimsuit for the summer! :)

You can do it!
  • aphidgurl
    aphidgurl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you rainbow198, that's encouraging.
    You're right though. It's pretty aggressive and quite unrealistic actually. But like my maths teacher said, don't aim for 95% (with regards to our grades), coz if you miss, you'd only get 90%. Aim for 100% coz when you do miss, it'd be 95% which is what you aimed for earlier ;)
    Hope to feel fabulous as you are!
  • JanelleG0122
    JanelleG0122 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Each day will be a new challenge, and you're right your body won't change overnight. It's amazing though, in my situation it's like one day I was totally uncomfortable and than the next day I felt better about myself. It takes awhile for you to see the results, and some people say you are the first to notice any changes in your body, but from my experience that's inaccurate. Others will start to notice first because they may not see you everyday! Either way just knowing that you are aware that it won't change overnight you are definitely going in the right direction! I wish you the best of luck and keep it up!
  • KLangleydoula
    KLangleydoula Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Hi Kate! You can totally do this! Feel free to add me. :)