Happy and healthy

Options
skillygirl
skillygirl Posts: 2 Member
edited October 2015 in Introduce Yourself
I just want to be comfortable in my own skin. Able to do things that any average size people can do. I am a prisoner in my own skin. I have let myself get to a point where my size makes things diffacult... I am so ashamed. I am physically in pain because I have got so big..my depression controls my mood and most days don't want to get out of bed. I am going to be in control now.put one foot on front of the other and change my life to be healthy and happy. A couple buddies at work is doing this with me and I hope it's enough to get me feeling better.. feeling like this sucks!

Replies

• rnohou2010
    rnohou2010 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I understand. Just take it one day at a time. Gradual progress is the key. Build new habits by putting together longer and longer strings of days in a row of good eating. Anything you do 90 days in a row becomes a permanent habit. I know it's not as easy as I'm saying so for now I will just say welcome to the boards and good luck!
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Don't be ashamed. You are wonderful and unique regardless of size.

There is so much support on offer here so reach out when necessary and always, always believe in yourself.

You can do this :) - Best of luck!
  • JanelleG0122
    JanelleG0122 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I understand wanting to be comfortable in your own skin! Everyone does, but most people don't take the initiative to reach those goals. When making goals, make them small and obtainable. That is the most important thing. People who come on here and wanting to lose 30 pounds in 2 weeks and they get frustrated when it doesn't happen and they give up. Another thing to remember is weight loss is always easily in the beginning as your body is shedding unnecessary water and nutrients out. It is also not linear. Just take it easy. Best of luck to you and feel free to add me if you want extra motivation!
  • tenshi130
    tenshi130 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello, I've been depressed off and on as well. I'm an emotional eater, so I tend to rely on food to make me feel better...only to feel worse about myself afterwards...then eat more because I'm sad. It's a never-ending cycle and I'm ready to love myself again. You're not alone. Many ppl have similar experiences as you, and we are all here to change our lives for the better. I've lost over 50lb in the past by crash dieting, only to gain even more back. I hit my heaviest weight and now I have 100lb to lose. I'm not gonna lie, it's gonna suck...because it's gonna be very very hard. But if we support each other, it's totally achievable...and when we start seeing changes in ourselves (inside & out), it'll be worth all the hard work. Let's do this! Sending you a friend request now. :#