picky eater

Options
Hi guys I just started here and would like to lose 50+ pounds .... But the thing is I'm a very picky eater. Is there any advice on how to eat healthier when I don't like some of the foods ?

Replies

• Tblackdogs
    Tblackdogs Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Try lots of new things until you find some you like. You don't have to eat especially "healthy" foods to lose weight but there are a lot of good "healthy" foods out there that you might enjoy!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Good news! You can eat you want but just eat less then you do now. Put in your info into MFP and log everyday! Best wishes!
  • bclarke1990
    bclarke1990 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Stir-frys. I do black beans, lentils, kidney beans, rice, peas, edamame, spinach. Add some seasoning, garlic, ginger, maybe some sirracha or hot sauce. Tastes phenomenal; tons of fiber and nutrients.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Try something new every week to broaden your horizons.

What is your pickiness? Is it different vegetables? Textures?
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Eat what you always do, only less resulting in a deficit.
  • ambers1989
    ambers1989 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Try something new every week to broaden your horizons.

What is your pickiness? Is it different vegetables? Textures?

It's a little bit of both veggies I only like corn, peas, green beans but it has to be a certain kind . And also texture I can't do anything mushy.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Raw veggies! Roasted!

How about starting with preparing the veggies you like in different ways?
  • vegangela_
    vegangela_ Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Perhaps you should try and look as food as fuel and enjoy the feeling of the benefits of healthy food.
  • JanelleG0122
    JanelleG0122 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I also am a picky eater. It seems like everything I like is high in calories, but I've learned moderation is a big key. I've also learned to try and mix healthy organic vegetables that you may not like by themselves and mix it into casseroles that you do like. There are plenty ways to go about it. The internet has great healthy recipes just look for recipes that include foods you do like. Wish you the best of luck!