Help

Options
I feel like my weight has plateaued... I did this weight loss thing back in January and lost 10lbs pretty quick and I stopped using MFP around Easter and I gained all the weight back :( I just don't feel that same amount of determination anymore and I can't seem to kick my butt into gear. What do you guys do to stay motivated?

Replies

• JanelleG0122
    JanelleG0122 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Staying motivated is hard, but you are truly the only one that can motivate yourself. Yes, others can say to do something and others can give you praise when you do something well, but in reality, you are the person it affects. If you want to stay motivated you need to remember why you want to lose the weight. If you just want to lose the weight so someone thinks you're more attractive or something along those lines, you will never keep the weight off. You have to want to do this for you and only you.So you are healthy and fit. If you don't feel that way no amount of motivation is going to help. If you don't have the determination to get up and change your lifestyle, you won't. I know that sounds harsh, and I don't mean it to, but it is the harsh reality. If you want to lose the weight you will and nothing will stop you. (unless of course you have a medial condition hindering your loss)
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    I like all my fitness milestones--lifting more weight, running a faster 5k, improving my flexibility. None of that would continue if I gain weight back.

Plus, I like how I look now. Don't want to give up all the cute clothes I bought for the new, smaller me! :)