Have you ever tried Weight Watchers? Points versus Calories

Options
This format seems similar but the difference is counting calories versus points. this also has more info here. I hope this helps me. It is all up to me.

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Points is just calories packaged up from when calorie counting was tricky

Same thing, different measures
  • Smallerjojo2015
    Smallerjojo2015 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I did weight watchers before my problem with it was the free point food as I ate a lot of that so I could eat chocolate
    I think myfittnesspal is so much better as you have to log all food and drink and get to know what is in the food which I find good as you know if you are eating the wrong things
    So you look at what you eat more and make better healthy choices
  • LynnieSue1958
    LynnieSue1958 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I also did weight watchers, on the old plan I lost weight on this new plan I am struggling. Too many free fruits cause too much LynnieSue. I am going to try this myfitnessplan.com to see if I can break this pleatuea
  • vigilynn
    vigilynn Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I had the exact same problem, lost weight on the old WW plan but new plan with all the free fruit was useless. I like this site very much as its simple to use and makes sense. So I'm back on it again, and determined to stick with it. Good luck to all of us!
  • percolater
    percolater Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I found the points hard to count when we ate out, and we eat out a lot. I know it's not good to estimate all the time but unless you want to carry your measuring spoons and scale up to the buffet, you have to once in a while. I remember going to the Hong Kong Buffet with friends and trying to keep track of three different kinds of points as I went through. Impossible. With calories there is only one running total to keep up.

Also, I personally don't like the little treats that are allowed because they are all trigger foods for me, so paying a lot of money for a WW brownie that only serves to wake up my feast beast -- not good.
  • bover145
    bover145 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I liked WW and points because it changed the way I thought about food. I think they also bad good advice on dealing with different problem situations. In the end, I stopped tracking and stopped losing. I am switching to calorie counting as a new way to commit. But I am bringing my WW healthy habits with me
  • lindamarierita
    lindamarierita Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    bover145 I agree. I learned a lot on the WW system for 3 years. I track and will continue but now with calories. I lost 30 pounds gained approx 6 to 8 back but the program went stale. I went to meeting every week and was down a pound up a pound. I like counting calories because it is everything. I think all this free stuff sets a different kind of tone and that added up for me. I am like this better already. Seems all foods are here too, more then WW's. Together we can do this! Or alone for that matter! I want it.