I dont want to be my friend no more .....

Options
2»

Replies

• iamMaLisa
    iamMaLisa Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I guess until i learn to love who i am... and believe that i am good enough.... no amount of compliments would change my point of view. i think this will be easier said then done..
  • Balfour35
    Balfour35 Posts: 13
    Options
    More times then not...your not alone remember that!
  • iamMaLisa
    iamMaLisa Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Don’t apologize, your fine, go on if needed. I believe we have a couple things in common; you have accomplished what I have been trying for many years. I will get there; it will just take time I guess. You’re a survivor…. Were survivors of things that shouldn’t have been…. You didn’t let the bad way you down and give up.. Everyone has things to overcome. I guess knowing your not alone and there are people who care enough to help you thru it, makes the difference..:wink:
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    NO You don't feel this was, PINK does and you're living intravenously through her if you think you do.
  • annrum
    annrum Posts: 144
    Options
    @asathorswoman; I think you'll find the OP said she related to the song, not that she was completely living it. I have that song & sometimes I relate to the lyrics. Other times I belt out 'Big Girls' by Mika - simply because the lyrics make me smile & I think it's fun to sing 'Big Girl you are beautiful' at the top of my voice when doing the laundry.

@Iammalissa: add me as a friend if you want some more support, it's difficult learning to re-programme your own behaviour :)
  • redoutlaw
    redoutlaw Posts: 2
    Options
    :flowerforyou: What is really bad is when you look in the mirror and can see your mom!!!! Love who you are, don't think of losing the weight, think of getting stronger and healthier! I was at a wonderful place last year about this time, had lost 25 lbs, was strong and happy with my body, had a "friend" join the gym with me who to make a long story short, sabotaged my whole work out schedule, eating habits, diet, etc because she wanted me to be as big as her, well i gained 20 lbs back trying to get her to be healthier, so I ditched the unhealthy friendship, back in the gym, working out, eating right and loving the ride cause I am doing it for me!!!
  • jlbiles
    jlbiles Posts: 283
    Options
    I can relate 100%
  • MommySunshine810
    Options
    yup, i could have wrote this poem myself.
  • Jenscan
    Jenscan Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I can relate too. I'm very hard on myself. I grew up in an environment where I was never good enough and had to earn love from people. And no matter what I did, I failed. So, now I'm trying to re-learn that I might just be okay and not a horrible person. Hard lessons.