Struggling with Bored Binges

Options
hey everyone

I've been maintaining my weight loss of 55 lbs for a few months now but since the beginning of August I've been struggling with bingeing. I've never had this problem in the past but it's become a weekend issue and I've gained 8lbs since August 1st.

To give you some background I got my first teaching job at the start of August so I've been under a lot of stress which I'm sure contributes. Every Friday I just have the urge to party which leads to bingeing sometimes.

To me the issue is being bored on Fridays and Saturdays. Sadly I don't have much of a social life and my mom keeps way too much junk food in the house. Tonight out of no where I was going through the cabinet looking for something. I had 4 cookies in my hand but I made myself give out themback and go to bed.... So this time I survived but next time? Who knows...

So how can i over come this boredom binge eating? Tips? Suggestions?

Replies

• pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Go get active instead. Also take into consideration that if your weekends aren't very social and you're bored, you're probably pretty sedentary. So maybe next time you get up to binge think to yourself of your activity level for the day and that binging would bring you to a possible surplus.
  • hekla90
    hekla90 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Get a hobby.
  • hupsii
    hupsii Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    go for a walk, go to the gym, get out of the house, call someone
  • Bizurke51
    Bizurke51 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    hekla90 wrote: »
    Get a hobby.

Suggestions?
  • Bizurke51
    Bizurke51 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Go get active instead. Also take into consideration that if your weekends aren't very social and you're bored, you're probably pretty sedentary. So maybe next time you get up to binge think to yourself of your activity level for the day and that binging would bring you to a possible surplus.

My only sedentary day is Sunday. I never sit down for 5 hours M-F and then Saturday I'm out coaching
  • hekla90
    hekla90 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Learn how to knit. Pick up wood working. Garden. Sew. Scrap book. Paint. Draw. Read. Etc, etc.
  • Clarewho
    Clarewho Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    All the ideas about distraction are obviously good ones and will always stand you in good stead. You seem to be saying you're out Fri night then want to binge on Sat. If I have a few drinks and less sleep than normal I always crave carbs next day, do you think it's that? Or the two combined?