Scott Davidson

I'm 40 and 3 years ago I lost 70 lbs so that I would become eligible to donate a kidney to my father who was in need of a kidney transplant. I got down to 217lbs (which is the lowest weight I've ever been in my adult life). Since he transplant my weight slowly increased to over 270lbs. On July 30th I decided to make a change in my life and today I weigh 238lbs and I'm driving towards my 217lbs goal. The last time I did it all for my dad. This time I'm doing it for myself!

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Awesome and best wishes!!
  • rhondatime2chg
    rhondatime2chg Posts: 92 Member
    Awesome. Good luck!
  • rheum558
    rheum558 Posts: 8 Member
    Great story. Keep up the good work and best to your Dad.
  • scottdavidson17
    scottdavidson17 Posts: 4 Member
    Unfortunately my dad didn't survive the transplant. But thanks for the encouragement.
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    MondayJune22nd2015 Posts: 876 Member
    I am very sorry, about you losing your Father but you tried to save him & that is what counts, the most in life; your selflessness!
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Thanks for sharing your story. Sorry to hear about your Dad. Welcome to MFP and good luck on your journey!
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Thank you for sharing your inspiring story with us.
    Wishing you the best of luck. :)
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Welcome. This is the place to be. Follow MFP directions, read the boards for more detailed info, and you're good to go. After what you've gone through, this should be a snap--you'll see. Best of luck.
  • dsewie
    dsewie Posts: 1 Member
    Congratulations! Keep going!!!
  • scottdavidson17
    scottdavidson17 Posts: 4 Member
    11 lbs away from my first goal!
  • sugargemz
    sugargemz Posts: 1 Member
    Well done Scott keep going xxx
  • thin1dayplease
    thin1dayplease Posts: 291 Member
    Well done! x
  • ShansGotGoals
    ShansGotGoals Posts: 928 Member
    Sorry about your dad...that's so tragic! Nut yiur doing awesome and you seem to have the rught attitude.....def need to do it for yourself! Best of luck.....although your so close I don't think you need it. #Staystrong

Feel free to add me