Cookie butter?

Options
Has anyone ever tried cookie butter? If so, what are your thoughts?

Replies

• tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    I haven't, but I've heard it's amazing. What are you looking at, Biscoff? I can eat peanut butter for days, so I'm not sure a jar of that stuff would last long in our house.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Yes. Dangerous.

I adore the stuff. I can eat it by the spoonful. So good.
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I've been trying Trader Joe's cookie butters. The cookies and creme one is very sweet but SO good if you like cookies and creme. It is very dangerous for me to have lying around. I also have the Crunchy Speculoos cookie butter, which is pretty good on things, but I don't really like it that much on its own. I had some on a pancake and that was really good.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I never bought it because I just couldn't figure out what to eat it with, but when I saw the pumpkin pie cookie butter from Trader Joe's, I had to buy it... it's delicious. I use it on English muffins (the pumpkin spice ones, of course), and on crepes/pancakes/waffles. I try not to eat much more than half a serving at a time though because the calories add up pretty quickly....
  • GETU1N
    GETU1N Posts: 1,811 Member
    Options
    OMFG.... A whole jar right now let's go!!!
  • perfectlyimperfect3
    Options
    Delicious!
  • GETU1N
    GETU1N Posts: 1,811 Member
    Options

Smh... Thanks, now there's no way I'm passing up trader joes after my run tonight
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I'm always confused when people talk about not knowing what to put cookie butter on: a spoon. At some point, I need to try a combination of peanut butter and cookie butter.
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Love love love

Can't have it in the house.

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    I'm always confused when people talk about not knowing what to put cookie butter on: a spoon. At some point, I need to try a combination of peanut butter and cookie butter.

Too sweet for me to eat straight off a spoon! but I've never eaten any of those spreads straight off the spoon.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,654 Member
    Options

Cookie butter = crack.
  • withoutasaddle
    withoutasaddle Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Yeah the biscoff stuff? Don't buy it. It'll be gone before you get home from the store. Amazing. I like putting it in brownies and deserts, but not on much else. Doesn't quite mix right with breads
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Yum. I didn't think I'd like it, but it is so good.

But it also can only be a treat.
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I've only tried the Biscoff, and it just seems like a peanut butter substitute to me. Like something created for kids who are allergic to nuts and can't have nut butters.

The jar is nearly full, I don't find it particularly tempting at all. It tastes like graham crackers and rye bread blended together, to me.

• healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I bought a jar once but did not like it at all, which surprised me cause I love chocolate/hazelnut spreads, nut butters, etc.
    This cookie butter just didn't cut it for me.
  • rebeccah224
    rebeccah224 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    OMG cookie butter is life. Can literally eat the whole jar. My sister & I just grab a spoon & dig in lol #dangerouslydelish
  • scastor27
    scastor27 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    That Trader Joe's pumpkin spice cookie butter is amazing.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    In our Trader Joe's, they'll give you samples for free, so I tasted it.

It's peanut butter with sugar and spice added to it. I think I remember thinking that I tasted cinnamon and nutmeg.

Honestly, I didn't get all the hype.

I make my own PB from scratch and frequently add spices. It tastes less sweet, but much better than the Cookie Butter. IMO, that is. It's a matter of taste, though, and everyone is different.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    In our Trader Joe's, they'll give you samples for free, so I tasted it.

It's peanut butter with sugar and spice added to it. I think I remember thinking that I tasted cinnamon and nutmeg.

Honestly, I didn't get all the hype.

I make my own PB from scratch and frequently add spices. It tastes less sweet, but much better than the Cookie Butter. IMO, that is. It's a matter of taste, though, and everyone is different.

Well, except it contains no peanuts.