Protein Powder Pancake recipe?

Options
Julem22
Julem22 Posts: 107 Member
Has anyone made a protein powder pancake recipe? The one I found was a scoop of chocolate Protein powder, mashed banana and egg whites? Has this worked or any other recipes like this that work out well in a pancake? Thanks

Replies

• tayloralanj
    tayloralanj Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I just threw one together the other night:

5 x eggs (the whole thing, beat it up, add a splash of leche if you so desire)
    1/2 - 1 cup of oats (or not)
    1 x scoop of protein powder (I used Pro Jym cookies and cream, yum!)

Threw it in a blender. Blend it. Threw in about 6 x strawberries and the rest of my blueberries,,,,blend some more. Wave magic wand over 1 x time for good measure.

I have a griddle but you can use a pan, whatever, med-high heat, some oil (coconut?) or butter or what have you.....it made three good size pancakes. I slathered some strawberry jam on them, just enough to give it some taste.

Turned out pretty good.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    Make your pancake batter and throw in a scoop of powder. done.
    We've been doing this for years.
  • reese_gomez
    reese_gomez Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I made these a few weeks ago, was able to make 13...They were a bit heavy but even my kids liked them (until they found out they had protein in them :smile: )
    INGREDIENTS:
    1 Premier Protein® Vanilla Shake (pre-made 11 oz container)
    1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
    3-1/2 tsp baking powder
    1 tsp salt
    1/2 cup skim milk
    1 egg
    2 Tbsp melted butter
    DIRECTIONS:
    In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Make a well in the center and pour in the shake, milk, egg and melted butter; mix until smooth.
    Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter into the griddle, using approximately ¼ cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.
  • courtcassiefit
    courtcassiefit Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    l6wtq9zfsyj1.jpeg
    I add a tsp of vanilla extract as well
    My favourite recipe, it's from muffin topless :)
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    l6wtq9zfsyj1.jpeg

What's a "TB"?
  • Angelfire365
    Angelfire365 Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    pondee629 wrote: »
    l6wtq9zfsyj1.jpeg

What's a "TB"?

Tablespoon.
  • GillianLF
    GillianLF Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I made my first batch this morning. I mixed 1 serving of Sun Warrior protein powder with a very ripe banana, 2 eggs and a drop of almond milk. Made 4 pancakes and I had them with a little agave and greek yoghurt. They were way nicer than I expected and took less than 10 minutes to prep and cook.
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I have one for chocolate chip pumpkin protein pancakes with a maple-almond greek yogurt topping that is lovely! I will try to remember to post the recipe tomorrow. :)
  • JadeOmalia1
    JadeOmalia1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Julem22 wrote: »
    Has anyone made a protein powder pancake recipe? The one I found was a scoop of chocolate Protein powder, mashed banana and egg whites? Has this worked or any other recipes like this that work out well in a pancake? Thanks[/quofor my protein pancakes I use eggs and protein powder. If I use them as a pretty workout or post workout I only use egg whites ( remove the fat ) I usually top it off with banana and some things a bit of honey to stop it being dry but also fat free Greek yogurt and blueberries are nice ☺
  • arlene73
    arlene73 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Julem22 wrote: »
    Has anyone made a protein powder pancake recipe? The one I found was a scoop of chocolate Protein powder, mashed banana and egg whites? Has this worked or any other recipes like this that work out well in a pancake? Thanks

• arlene73
    arlene73 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I make protein powder pancakes weekly. I use 2 eggs, one large scoop of Quest vanilla or strawberry protein powder, a little baking powder, whip together. Put olive or coconut oil pan, pour batter in pan, put cover on until it sets, then turn over. It makes one large pancake. I nuke either blueberries or strawberries with a little stevia and serve the sauce over my pancake. This is one of my favorite breakfasts