New & in need of Motivation!

Options
Hello I'm new to this site, hoping for some motivation to keep up my weight loss!

I am 22 and managed to lose 2st in May for a holiday ...however since then all my bad habits have caught up with me again and the gym has taken a backseat !

Im heading back to the gym in the morning for the first time in 4 weeks, and my goal is to be 2stone lighter for my graduation ceremony in November!

Betty xxx

Replies

• kenzietea
    kenzietea Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I am losing weight to look good for graduation too =) I will add you!
  • KaseyWB
    KaseyWB Posts: 15
    Options
    Just remember to take it one day at a time. Don't dwell on the past or what you didn't do yesterday. Today is a new day and a fresh start. Try to remember that every day. Unfortunately the weight doesn't come off by itself so we do have to work at it. Have a great day at the gym in the morning!
  • nickinorthern
    Options
    HI Betty--

I work with students at university. I have been using this sight for 20 days now. It has been great. As far as motivation, set realistic goals (1 pound/week). Make sure that you're eating enough GOOD foods and don't skimp on the water. It's essential to weight loss. Walk more. It burns calories--- buy a pedometer and track your walking. It will help you set small attainable goals.

I have been losing slowly, but steadily, which almost guarantees a more enduring/permanent weight loss.

Maybe use waist and hip measurements rather than actual weight, because if you're exercising regularly, you're bound to start gaining muscle and the whole process might then feel discouraging/demotivating. Just a suggestion.

Hope this is motivation you need.:wink: Nicki
  • jdm0804
    jdm0804 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard the MFP train! If you need motivation and support, you've come to the right place! Best weight loss buddies on the internet!