my personal NSV

kathy0224
kathy0224 Posts: 43 Member
I know its not much, but today, for the 1st ever, I logged ALL of my food. usually once I know I went over, I stop logging, but today I wanted to see how much I was over - around 900 calories. Not as much as I expected. Tomorrow I will do better with my CICO.

Replies

• Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Great job!!!

The only way to improve your eating is to know what you are eating. So even if you are going over log it anyway! It will get better.
  • Virkati
    Virkati Posts: 679 Member
    Congratulations! Don't beat yourself up if you haven't been great at logging. For some of us, it takes awhile to get into the habit. But once you do, honestly, it makes a world of difference. So good job and keep it up!!
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    That is big. Good for you. Knowledge is power!!
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Well done! Self honesty is definitely the way to go.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Moments like this teach us integrity and to not beat ourselves up over something that we can take charge of and change tomorrow. Well done!
  • kathy0224
    kathy0224 Posts: 43 Member
    Thank you for all the support! Today, again I was over, but this time by less than 300 calories! Hopefully soon I will be satisfied with my calorie allotment!
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,398 Member
    kathy0224 wrote: »
    I know its not much, but today, for the 1st ever, I logged ALL of my food. usually once I know I went over, I stop logging, but today I wanted to see how much I was over - around 900 calories. Not as much as I expected. Tomorrow I will do better with my CICO.

Great victory. Until you log it and hold yourself accountable, you will never fix it. You're already on your way towards fixing it. For many the key is in finding foods that make them feel full longer, and avoiding anything that might trigger the desire to binge. Having very low calorie or no calorie liquids can help as well.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    bravo, that's the way to go ........ keep on truckin' !
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    It can be hard to be honest with your self. Last week it took me 2 days to go back and add the SIX cookies that I ate one evening. But once I did, it felt really good.

Being able to clearly see where the problems are is the first step to fixing the problem.

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!