Supportive Ladies over 40

Options
Hi! I'm JoAnne, age 51, from Gadsden, Alabama, US. I'm mother to two incredible sons, both with Asperger's Syndrome (a form of high-functioning autism). My goal is to live a healthy lifestyle , and to lose at least 40 lbs over 2 years. I'd like to make friends with other women over 40 who will support me and keep me motivated. I have health issues that have yet to be diagnosed, some weight related, some not. If you add me to your friends list I promise to support and motivate you. Thanks!

Replies

• KLangleydoula
    KLangleydoula Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Hi JoAnne! I would love to be friends. Feel free to add me!
  • shelby5711
    shelby5711 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi , I'm Robin and we can be friends on here :) i'm 52, four grown children. Have been more or less maintaining my weight for the last five years - right now I'm in the process of getting down about 8 pounds
  • gggirl67
    gggirl67 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Sent you a request .. :)
  • BeccaColliesBurton
    BeccaColliesBurton Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 47. Live in the UK. I have two children 24 and 20. Younger waiting to be assessed for autism. I have about 40lb to lose as fast as I safely and sensibly can so that I can sustain the weight loss. Will send you a request x
  • merryday11
    merryday11 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi JoAnne
    I am fairly new at this site but am loving MFP and having very good success. I'm 57 and live near Chicago. I have struggled with my weight all my life, and am now focused on staying healthy as I get older. I don't want to be infirm when I'm 80 if I can do something about now. I would also like to lose about 40 pounds and am willing to do it slowly (not sure there's any other way at this point!). I would be pleased to share this journey with you and others.
    Merry

• onixx440
    onixx440 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm JoAnne, age 51, from Gadsden, Alabama, US. I'm mother to two incredible sons, both with Asperger's Syndrome (a form of high-functioning autism). My goal is to live a healthy lifestyle , and to lose at least 40 lbs over 2 years. I'd like to make friends with other women over 40 who will support me and keep me motivated. I have health issues that have yet to be diagnosed, some weight related, some not. If you add me to your friends list I promise to support and motivate you. Thanks!

• lmeeks66
    lmeeks66 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm 49, I'm a dialysis patient who gained weight doing peritoneal dialysis, now I'm on hemodialysis. The past 11 months I've had 23 surgical procedures in addition to dialysis 3 times a week for 4 hrs each time. I'm losing weight to keep my active status on the kidney transplant list. So long story short I've been sedentary for past 11 months but have managed to lose 40lbs. Now I'm feeling better and looking for positive women my age to share this journey with me. I'm a tough cookie who won't give up on you.
  • metamorphose44
    metamorphose44 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    How did I get here? Stress, middle age, sedentary, foodie. Didn't think I would be so heavy in my life. Starting over , again. Realizing it all has to be permenant change. I'm 48 and realize I need to get this under control before I have serious health issues. Living in Maple Ridge BC. Would be great to find a walking buddy or some online ladies to mutually support.
  • hbratset
    hbratset Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 44 (45 in December) and I live in Norway but am from the US. I have let myself get out of shape and put on a lot of weight over the last couple of years. I am trying to get my body and my energy back!! You ladies can add me if you would like. I could use the support and would be happy to support you. :)
  • fabat52
    fabat52 Posts: 44 Member
    Options

Hi I'm age 54 and getting serious Restarted three weeks ago and have lost 12 lbs. I am active daily and always love to have friends who are active. I sent you a request
  • fabat52
    Options
    How did I get here? Stress, middle age, sedentary, foodie. Didn't think I would be so heavy in my life. Starting over , again. Realizing it all has to be permenant change. I'm 48 and realize I need to get this under control before I have serious health issues. Living in Maple Ridge BC. Would be great to find a walking buddy or some online ladies to mutually support.

Sent you a request
  • fabat52
    Options
    hbratset wrote: »
    Hi! I'm 44 (45 in December) and I live in Norway but am from the US. I have let myself get out of shape and put on a lot of weight over the last couple of years. I am trying to get my body and my energy back!! You ladies can add me if you would like. I could use the support and would be happy to support you. :)
    Sent you you a request
  • smejias0915
    smejias0915 Posts: 1 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Im am 49 and also lost track of my weight, until i took a good look at myself in the mirror. Im looking to lose at least 50lbs. I just started but i have all the motivation i needed to start so lets do this. Im in all the way.

Sent you a reques

• cherylspurlock
    cherylspurlock Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Need some friends to help keep me motivated. Need to loose 35 pounds for my health. 56 years old and it's more difficult to loose now.
  • greenmaria
    greenmaria Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm Maria. I'm 41 (turning 42 in January). This is my first time actually using this website, and I'm excited about meeting people and getting started.

I am suddenly (OK, it was gradual, but it feels sudden!) the heaviest I have ever been in my life (aside from pregnancy), and I feel like I've really "let myself go."

I need to get fit! Help!! :#
  • Leeloo74
    Leeloo74 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I'm 40. Feel free to add
  • smat52
    smat52 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 62 but feel 40. Please add me
  • CamGoddess
    CamGoddess Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm in my 40s and currently weigh 225.

I'd love a couple new friends...anyone add me?

I belong to the Eat more 2 Weigh less group. So if you're ok with someone who eats around 2,000 calories I'll be happy to be your friend!
  • MomTo2GmaTo1
    MomTo2GmaTo1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good morning Ladies, I have sent several of your friend requests. I am a 44 year old mother to 2 girls (21 & 19) and grandma to a 3 day old little boy! I work full time and I realized holding my grandson that I needed to get back on track, stop making excuses and get healthy so I can be around to see him grow, help his mommy and daddy and best of all, hear her tell me I was right and finally understand what I was "doing wrong" while I was raising her