I need some help deciding on a goal weight range

Options
2»

Replies

• jld1975
    jld1975 Posts: 18 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options

My original start weight was 192. My recent return to MFP weight was 177 :)

• janiep81
    janiep81 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    jld1975 wrote: »

Thanks... I realized after I asked that it's kind of a personal question and I take it for granted that we all want to share it here... So thanks. Sorry I didn't ask more delicately.
  • jld1975
    jld1975 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    janiep81 wrote: »
    jld1975 wrote: »

Thanks... I realized after I asked that it's kind of a personal question and I take it for granted that we all want to share it here... So thanks. Sorry I didn't ask more delicately.

Honestly, it is really good for me to be asked and give real answers. I feel like not very many people share my (our?!) body type. Which doesn't mean there is anything good or bad about it- I just think it makes it even harder to have an "accurate" body image.

• MarcyKirkton
    MarcyKirkton Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I just set mine to get into healthy BMI. Now that I'm there,I reset my goal. Might as well, I thought. Stay the course.

Perhaps you'll just set several goals and kind of decide when you get there.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I like your idea to get within a healthy BMI, see how you look and feel, and take it from there. That's my plan at 5'7", started at 301, currently 188, and aiming for 150-145. That's still 20 lbs heavier than my best adult weight, but I feel it's more realistic to achieve and maintain than where I was 30 years ago.
  • janiep81
    janiep81 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    I like your idea to get within a healthy BMI, see how you look and feel, and take it from there. That's my plan at 5'7", started at 301, currently 188, and aiming for 150-145. That's still 20 lbs heavier than my best adult weight, but I feel it's more realistic to achieve and maintain than where I was 30 years ago.

That's an amazing loss! Go you.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Aim for the normal BMI range, then see how you feel and if you wish to lose more or not. So, something like 160?
  • lucyloutoo
    lucyloutoo Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I'm same height as you, and have previously hit the lower end of healthy weight range and looked awful. I'm now just in the healthy weight/height range and am trying to tone up more. Trying to concentrate on how clothes fit than scales now...but aim for where you're happy...you have to live with this...and make it achievable.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8", began at around 250 (likely more), am now 156 and am thinking I'll finish up around 130. But I don't know about the goal! It's a guess, not a goal. I have a small bone structure, my hips aren't wide (without fat!) and I don't have loads of muscle, so I'll be lower on the BMI than higher. But I cannot commit to a goal weight.

I'll be done when one of two things happens:

1. I reach a weight where I look in the mirror and say, "This is as good as I'm going to look. I'm okay with this body. I'm done."
    2. The weight loss becomes such a struggle that I say, "This is going to have to be good enough. I'm sick of this. I'm done."

No matter what I do, I'm not going to end up with a good body, so it could go either way. :)
  • spiritlevel9
    spiritlevel9 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    You looked very toned and neat to me. If you still feel like you need to lose more, I would go for 10lbs then see how you feel. I find judging frame size tricky. I am 5ft 7.3ins I have small wrist 6ins and 5.75ins. My feet are uk size 4. This would mean that my frame is very small for my height yet my hips are wide and my rib cage is wide. I need a 38 inch bra but cup size AA so I have very little flesh on my top half. I weigh 137lbs at the moment and don't want to lose any more. If I were to aim for 126 being guided by my wrist, I would be too thin. I once did get close to that weight in my 20's and my periods stopped. A clear sign that body weight is too low.