Everyday walking shoes?

Options
Francl27
Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
I don't really care about fashion but my sneakers just don't look too good with my leggings and dresses... What kind of shoes do you recommend that are comfortable, durable, waterproof, and NOT sneakers?

Replies

• WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    My Dansko clogs (and her predecessors) have taken me to Paris and London. I also wear them geocaching unless it's literally raining or a foot of snow on the ground. My companions on vacations whined and moaned about so much walking, but I was happy in my Danskos.

They don't always go with dresses and leggings either, though. I have some sketchers that are ok, but I wouldn't call them waterproof.

So basically, I'm in for other people's suggestions!
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Oops
  • Kalikel
    Options
    The Lands End gatas are wonderful and comfy. They have rubber nubs on the bottom, so they're comfy like sneakers, but they look like regular shoes. They're not waterproof, but they comfy as heck!

I love those things. :)

http://www.landsend.com/shop/search?Ntt=Gatas
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    For leggings and skirts, I go with sketchers. They make memory foam clogs, slip ons and sneakers.They are not water proof though. But they do look cute with leggings and are affordably priced
  • buckleten
    buckleten Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Skechers go walk are super comfy, and you can throw them in the wasing machine if they do get wet and muddy!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Those look great but I really need waterproof... it gets too wet here in the Fall :(
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    I just bought a pair of shoes/clogs called Estraveltime that I love. I bought the black ones. The bottom of half of the shoes are waterproof. I bought a bunch of Skechers too, but always end up going to the Estraveltimes.
  • Kalikel
    Options
    Get some of those duck shoes from LL Bean. Those are waterproof! :)
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Ugg Boots!
    I know they aren't the most flattering of footwear - but they are so incredibly comfortable. I could literally walk miles in my uggs!
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I mostly wear brogues and loafers. Various brands - probably bond which are available in the USA. They're stylish, look great with dresses and skirts and are very comfortable.