Alcohol

Options
Hello! Going to have a couple cocktails tonight to relax. WHat do you recommend low in calories? I usually go for vodka and soda but welcome to new ideas. Thanks!
Ashley

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Pretty much all the major liquors are the same calorie content per ounce... usually around 70 cals.

My newest favorite is Wild Turkey American Honey. Just get it on the rocks and sip it. It's that good!
  • jabbogurl
    jabbogurl Posts: 193
    Options
    You can do Vodka and tonic with a lime wedge, so it has more flavor. I also recommend not eating after drinking, alcohol metabolizes in your body before food, no matter what the order of entry is. So make sure you've eaten dinner first, then have a few drinks.
  • Missevanston
    Missevanston Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Vodka with Crystal light, Rum & Diet coke, or Vodka with Lime juice (gimlit)
  • CriticalX
    CriticalX Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Hello! Going to have a couple cocktails tonight to relax. WHat do you recommend low in calories? I usually go for vodka and soda but welcome to new ideas. Thanks!
    Ashley
    deit and vodka
  • HealthierIn2011
    Options
    I usually opt for Vodka and Diet Pepsi or Diet Siera Mist.
  • MsRobin_TheSequel
    MsRobin_TheSequel Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Any sugar = cals. Best bet is vodka and lots of it :) If you're going with soda too, get the diet. I crack my wine guy up every time I stop in. He's like, only wine and calories here!
  • rhirvo
    rhirvo Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'm all about vodka martini's - BUT they also make some great low cal beers now with like no carbs...
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Vodka, no soda. This is not for everyone. Two ounces of vodka = 128 calories.

Also, try to get in a workout before you have your drinks.
  • lindsyrox
    lindsyrox Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    My new fav is vodka and diet sundrop :) Diet redbull and vodka is good too.
  • littlemissanguissette
    littlemissanguissette Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Jack and diet coke is what I usually have.
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    White wine. 5 oz = approx 110 cals
  • Flwrsme
    Flwrsme Posts: 39
    Options
    Pretty much all the major liquors are the same calorie content per ounce... usually around 70 cals.

My newest favorite is Wild Turkey American Honey. Just get it on the rocks and sip it. It's that good!

This is very true. I do the same...except with Johnny Walker Black Label. Its a little on the pricey side, but its really smooth. I usually chase it with a diet pepsi. But also Vodka and Diet Pepsi mixed is good or Vodka and Crystal light. Also if you like wine you can do half wine and half soda water...its a wine spritzer. =) Just watch your mixers....thats were all the calories are.
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    I'm a coors light kinda girl 100 cals does anyone know if flavored vodka is the same as regular vodka?
  • funfitfoodie
    funfitfoodie Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    If the bar you're at will do it try and get some squash with vodka. That's what I drink before I go out because then I'm only adding like 5 calories with the mixer and no bloating from fizzy drinks :)
  • Samiwhereareyou
    Samiwhereareyou Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    so much vodka. I like tonics with extra lime always diet always amazing like a rum/rye(whiskey) ricky turn that into a Diet mojito made with extra lime and mint and splenda insted of sugar. or if your a tequila lady dorado tequila lemon juice and honey/spendia. happy drinking.
  • meinco
    meinco Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    7&7

Diet 7up and Gin!

Gin and Tonic works too!