Is anyone else into bodybuilding? Lean muscle mass?

Options
maryamalr
maryamalr Posts: 11 Member
edited August 2015 in Motivation and Support
Any females trying to maintain a low body fat % and trying to gain some muscle?

Replies

• tamaz6
    tamaz6 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes!!!

• LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Me too!
  • Sadi_Kalen
    Sadi_Kalen Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    count me in too! got to my goal weight last year and have spent six months trying to maintain it. currently working with kettlebells to build up some lean mass.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I'm not worried about my body fat %, but I have a regular gym routine that has resulted in my losing two sizes from when I hit maintenance and helped me get rid of the "bat wings" women develop when they get older (or lose a lot of weight).

The Rule of 3-6
    • 3-6 Reps
    • 3-6 Sets
    • 3-6 Minutes Rest
    • 3-6 Exercises
    • 3-6 Times Per Week
  • bearondiet
    bearondiet Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    3-6 times per week (same areas? or different ones?) & 3-6 minutes rest (I was told 1 minute)? Aren't they too much?
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I'm not worried about my body fat %, but I have a regular gym routine that has resulted in my losing two sizes from when I hit maintenance and helped me get rid of the "bat wings" women develop when they get older (or lose a lot of weight).

The Rule of 3-6
    • 3-6 Reps
    • 3-6 Sets
    • 3-6 Minutes Rest
    • 3-6 Exercises
    • 3-6 Times Per Week

3-6 reps is generally the range suggested for strength, not building muscle like the OP wanted.
    3-6 minutes is only appropriate for people on a strength program who are nearing their one rep max. 60-90 seconds is appropriate for people trying to build muscle.

Also, those "bat wings" are loose skin and lifting isn't going to do a whole lot for those.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    yep - been doing this for almost a year. Want to lose more BF% - I'm at 20% now down from 32% back down to a size 8 from a 12-14 so I'm grinning! :) - oh but I was losing weight too sloooooooooooowlllyyyyyyyyy.