Buying a scale.. oh no.

Options
I have been on this website almost a week, which means I have been strictly dieting for a week. I havnt weighed myself yet but will go buy a scale today to do so. I am curious to how to react to my weightloss or lack there of. Do you get super motivated when you do lose weight or when you dont? Do you strive harder or give up when you see the scale? Do you weigh every day or every two days or every week?

Replies

• Mrs_TrimWaistFatWallet
    Options
    I end up weighing myself at least one a day because I get super motivated when I see it drop. But, if you do that, realize that you will have fluctuations that will probably trump your small day-to-day progress. I log it and look at the overall progress on the app (it shows your weight graph with better scaling).
  • mzhunnie
    mzhunnie Posts: 10
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning they say don't but I do, I GET HAPPY WHEN I SEE WEIGHT LOSS OR I MAINTAIN IT from a long weekend of party foods( graduations,cookouts, wedding etc.....) small baby steps for me, but do what makes you happy... and good luck on your journey:smile:
  • jtkelley420
    Options
    I always step on the scales first thing in the morning. I always get pumped up and want to work out when I see progress. When I hit the point where I stay the same for week or two I get discouraged and try to change things up.
  • bradylover12
    bradylover12 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh myself twice a week. Once at the beginning and one towards the middle. But you find what works for you. If you need to weigh yourself everyday go for it! But at least do it once a week and possible on the same day every week! Do not be scared of the scale I was for a long time, and now that I work out reguarly and diet, I cannot wait to get on the scale :) good luck!
  • khstafford
    khstafford Posts: 19
    Options
    bought the scale.. lost 2 lbs this week!! super pumped!
  • MelonieB
    MelonieB Posts: 5
    Options
    weight loss tends to go up and down a lil each day i have lost 95 lbs with my lap band so far and i have found weighing once a week is best for me it keeps me on track and i dont get depressed cause im missing those up days so i weigh and measure on the same day each week and forget about the scale inbetween :)
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday, sometimes twice. I get really excited when I see it drop so I want to see it as soon as it happens. I also like to ensure that I stay about the same before I drop again or if it goes up, I can evaluate what I did in the day or two before and make changes.

However, I don't actually "weigh in" until it's been about a week or so