MAINTENANCE

c4297
c4297 Posts: 33 Member
edited September 28 in Motivation and Support
Since I have reached my goal ( yay!;)) I have had little motivation to keep tracking my calories... I know i have to because i dont want to gain it back at all. Is there any of you guys out there that have things that motivated or motivate you to keep tracking????

Replies

• reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Haven't got there yet but I keep a pic with fat butt in shorts which gives me lots of motivation to not return to that size ever again!!!
  • c4297
    c4297 Posts: 33 Member
    Good Idea! :) thanks and congrats on how far youve come!
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    I only reached goal a few weeks ago and definitely became relaxed for a week or two, still mostly staying on track, but definitely had my, 'don't care, not logging a thing days' ..sometimes it helps me to be able to relax from logging a day or two. It makes it easier to get back on track and breaks up the monotony of counting calories.

Since then, I'm back on track with new goals and it has me highly motivated right now. I've involved myself in a lot more lifting than I was previously doing and have customized my C/F/P ratio. I know that without planning and tracking, it's very challenging to hit my protein level needed for all this lifting.

It's a motivating challenge to hit my daily protein goal and that alone actually has me wanting to make sure I log all my food. I'm already starting to see changes in my body definition and if THAT'S not motivation, I don't know what is, lol.
  • rlmiller73190
    rlmiller73190 Posts: 342 Member
    I'm there too and I'm nervous about eatin more calories too.. but I just look at before pictures. I think about how happy I am now and how happy my boyfriend is with the way I look. I feel great, and don't look half bad ;)
  • TakeOne
    TakeOne Posts: 345 Member
    First off, CONGRATS on reaching your goal weight!!!

My best advice is to stick with it!! I've been maintaining for a year and I just recently stopped longing my cal intake (going on third week). Its okay to give yourself a small break..like a weekend; but maintenance can be really tricky to figure out and keeping up with your tracking can help make it a smoother transition. I think someone mentioned this, but it is also a very good idea to set other goals (besides weight loss). Fitness goals, nutrition goals, whatever...but keep working towards something! Remembering that its a long term/life changing thing that I have done also helps to keep me motivated. Best of luck on your journey!! :)
This discussion has been closed.