new to this!

Lots to lose! Ready !

Replies

• emilyjmarino
    emilyjmarino Posts: 2 Member
    Welcome! I love this app! It really helped me stay on track when I was loosing weight for my wedding. I gained all my weight back so now I am using the app again. It definitely helps me make healthier choices! Good luck to you!
  • aliguy593
    aliguy593 Posts: 7 Member
    Thank you! I'm going to need all the support I can get. I need to lose the baby weight lol kids are to old to call it " baby weight"
  • lthur714
    lthur714 Posts: 105 Member
    edited October 2015
    Welcome, aliguy593!!! We're so glad to have you decided to join us. I've been using MFP since July and I'm down 17 pounds now. I have found this site extremely helpful in getting a grip on what I was eating. I can honestly say I had no idea how much I was stuffing in my face till this app. Ounces, grams, and portions count an LOT. Make sure you get a kitchen scale to use for your dry snacks/foods. It really teaches you the correct portions. Measure things until you get the knack -- that takes a couple of months then you know how. Best of luck to you and holler if you have any questions we can answer. I've found everyone on MFP to be extremely helpful and polite. P.S. My kids are in their 40s and I never lost any weight after they were born (except what the baby weighed, so you can call it baby weight and I'll understand!)