We'll call this...JULY GOAL CHALLENGE!!

Options
Good morning friends! I just thought I'd start a post that I could title something that we will all recognize...so I think this works. I will start a post at the beginning of every week so that we can report on how all is going. I will start today and then again next Monday...sound good?

So, right now my workout routine is the following:
Mon-2 hours of cardio
Tues-Body Pump (1 hour weight training class) and Yoga (1 hour)
Wed-2 hours cardio
Thurs-Step (1 hour) and Body Pump (1 hour)
Fri-1 or 2 hours cardio
Sat-Spinning (1 hour) and Body Pump (1 hour)
Sun-rest

This weekend however is going to be challenging. I am in a wedding on Saturday which means rehersal dinner on Friday. They are having it at Rock Bottom...and since that's a restaurant I used to work at, I know how bad calorie-wise the food is. And I know that when they do these types of things, I don't really have a choice on what to eat. So, my plan is to portion and eat a much ligher lunch that day. I am leaving work at noon (Friday) and going to the gym to get in 2 hours of cardio before the rehearsal starts at 5. So, I think Friday will be alright. Then Saturday...I have a hair, nail, and make-up appointment starting at 8 that morning...so I'll make sure to have a good breakfast. Then we head to the church to get ready. The guys will pick up Jimmy Johns for us for lunch (If I have a choice I will get a un-wich i.e. on lettuce instead of bread). Then dinner is the place called Christophers...bad! BAD! It's pasta with chicken and a garlic fettucini sauce...BAD! I think I will just try to portion again and have only a few glasses of wine or champaigne...and I have to at last have a small slice of their wedding cake (her mom's making it...homemade carrot cake with cream cheese frosting:love: ). So, Saturday may not be so good, but I am planning on getting to the gym then on Sunday for some cardio and maybe weights as well. Hopefully this works for me. We'll see how it goes.

So, my weight this week is 166 pounds and I hope to be 165 pounds by the beginning of next week. Let me know what the routine is for all of you and then each week we can post our loss:bigsmile: and how we are doing SOOOOO well sticking to our fitness routine!! Sound good everyone! If there is anything else we should add, please let me know. I'm open to suggestions! Have a wonderful day and rest of the week!!!:flowerforyou:

*Kistinbee*

--For anyone who doesn't understand this, see "Anyone going to hit final goal weight this summer?"

Replies

• kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Good morning friends! I just thought I'd start a post that I could title something that we will all recognize...so I think this works. I will start a post at the beginning of every week so that we can report on how all is going. I will start today and then again next Monday...sound good?

So, right now my workout routine is the following:
    Mon-2 hours of cardio
    Tues-Body Pump (1 hour weight training class) and Yoga (1 hour)
    Wed-2 hours cardio
    Thurs-Step (1 hour) and Body Pump (1 hour)
    Fri-1 or 2 hours cardio
    Sat-Spinning (1 hour) and Body Pump (1 hour)
    Sun-rest

This weekend however is going to be challenging. I am in a wedding on Saturday which means rehersal dinner on Friday. They are having it at Rock Bottom...and since that's a restaurant I used to work at, I know how bad calorie-wise the food is. And I know that when they do these types of things, I don't really have a choice on what to eat. So, my plan is to portion and eat a much ligher lunch that day. I am leaving work at noon (Friday) and going to the gym to get in 2 hours of cardio before the rehearsal starts at 5. So, I think Friday will be alright. Then Saturday...I have a hair, nail, and make-up appointment starting at 8 that morning...so I'll make sure to have a good breakfast. Then we head to the church to get ready. The guys will pick up Jimmy Johns for us for lunch (If I have a choice I will get a un-wich i.e. on lettuce instead of bread). Then dinner is the place called Christophers...bad! BAD! It's pasta with chicken and a garlic fettucini sauce...BAD! I think I will just try to portion again and have only a few glasses of wine or champaigne...and I have to at last have a small slice of their wedding cake (her mom's making it...homemade carrot cake with cream cheese frosting:love: ). So, Saturday may not be so good, but I am planning on getting to the gym then on Sunday for some cardio and maybe weights as well. Hopefully this works for me. We'll see how it goes.

So, my weight this week is 166 pounds and I hope to be 165 pounds by the beginning of next week. Let me know what the routine is for all of you and then each week we can post our loss:bigsmile: and how we are doing SOOOOO well sticking to our fitness routine!! Sound good everyone! If there is anything else we should add, please let me know. I'm open to suggestions! Have a wonderful day and rest of the week!!!:flowerforyou:

*Kistinbee*

--For anyone who doesn't understand this, see "Anyone going to hit final goal weight this summer?"
  • AtlantaSara
    Options
    Love the plan - count me in. Weight as of yesterday is 146.5
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Count me in too. I usually weigh on Sunday so I will just use that weight each Monday if that's okay.

Current weigh in 227 :sad:

Thanks
    Charlaine

Oh, I didn't read all the way through your post. What if we won't hit goal by July. I doubt that I can lose 80lbs by then. I guess I will just have to stay in the biggest loser weigh in.. Sorry guys.
  • maddysvea
    Options
    I love this idea. I will join in. I just started on Tuesday with my calories, but I joined a gym 2 weeks ago. It doesn't work if you aren't watching what you eat so I am now doing it the right way. I am at 190. I had my first baby in May so my goal is 32 pounds. Only 30 to go!! My plan is this:

I hit the gym 4 - 5 days a week.
    20 mins on the eliptical
    1 hour weights on arms or legs and belly of course
    (I rotate arms and legs everyother day)
    20 mins on the bike

This is what I am trying to stick to. My husband is great and keeps the baby for me for the 2 hours I am at the gym.

Look forward to working with all that join this challenge. My goal for Mon. is 1 pound since I already lost 2 this week!!
  • brazeaut
    brazeaut Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Super! Count me in too! The more things to make me accountable the better.

I assume you must go to Gold's Gym as well given you go to Body Pump. Not to get off subject here but curious to find someone taking that class and wondering how long you have been taken it and what kind of results you have seen from it? The reason I ask is because many that take the class here that I go to, don't seem to be making much progress and I try to tell myself that maybe they just aren't eating properly. Buy I love this class and my goal is to get my arms to not wave at everyone twice as my wedding dress is strapless.

Normal routine, when kids aren't sick, the house isn't being shown, and hubby not working late:

Monday-Body Pump
    Tuesday- Body Step
    Wednesday- Body pump or day off
    Thursday-Step & Abs or 60 min cardio
    Friday- Body pump
    Saturday-60 min cardio

This of course is a perfect week when nothing goes wrong...so honestly in the 3 weeks since I have started this it's really been hit or miss.

So far only 3 pounds lost, but there is no reason I shouldn't hit my goal (I HAVE to hit my goal by June 21st :smile: )

Current weight 145.8 Goal weight 135
  • AndreaMMil
    Options
    besides toting tots, cleaning, laundry, cooking, more cleaning, more toting (an all day event), i do 6 days a week of the following:
    10 minutes each of : step aerobics, jump rope, boxing, isometrics, sprinting.
    seems to work, everthing's sore!
    i started at 192, right now i'm 184. my original goal was 155 by june but i'm going to try for 145 by july, and then the maintenence starts!
    good luck everybody!
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Yeah...I'm excited about the turn-out even so far!

brazeaut--I am a member at Apen Athletic Club where I do the Body Pump classes. I have only been doing them since January when the gym opened, but I am already seing results. I have bumped up weight once and am getting ready to do it again, probably within the next week or so. So, I think it is effective. And the people who came over from other branches of our gym who have been doing it for a long time look very defined and toned. So, I'm hoping (expecting) to see good results.

wanderlust8--Are you feeling better today? I hope not worse! Glad to hear from you!

Good luck everyone and I look forward to hearing from more joinees!!:bigsmile:
  • jessneill
    jessneill Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Ok, here's my current workout schedule. This week will be two weeks of doing this and I think I'll do this plan for another two weeks... I might switch it up after that.

Monday - upper body strenght training and 15 minutes cardio warmup
    Tuesday - 60 minutes cardio (usually elliptical or treadclimber)
    Wednesday - lower body strenght training and 15 minutes cardio warmup
    Thursday - 60 minutes cardio (usually elliptical or treadclimber)
    Friday - upper body strenght training and 15 minutes cardio warmup
    Saturday - 60 minutes cardio (usually elliptical or treadclimber)
    Sunday - Rest

The next week I switch the weight training so that I have two days of lower body and one of upper. So far I haven't missed a day! Shooting for a month with no misses.

Right now my weight is at 219.6 (darn period! made me gain a pound and a half)

Goal for July 175.

I'm really concerned about the calories I'm going to eat on Sunday for the Super bowl... but I'm going to try the same thing and do portion control while having some healty options along with the bad to fill me up!

and keeping my fingers crossed that once my period is over I see the weight I gained, plus some, come off!

Thanks for this great motivator!:flowerforyou:

Jessica
  • AndreaMMil
    Options
    Yeah...I'm excited about the turn-out even so far!

wanderlust8--Are you feeling better today? I hope not worse! Glad to hear from you!

Good luck everyone and I look forward to hearing from more joinees!!:bigsmile:

i'm holding my own so far!
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Good for you wanderlust7! Keep it up!:flowerforyou:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    That's interesting, my wife is a Body Pump instructor. I take her class sometimes. It's a little embarrasing as she does more weight then any guy in the class (me included), but I am very proud of her, especially since she ins't one of those super skinny, ultra athletic women, she has battled weight issues her whole life and Body Pump is her first certificate. But Man is she strong! And I'm 6'2" 195 and in pretty good shape too!
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Cool...what gym does she teach it at? I go to Aspen but there are other gym chains. I'm just curious.
  • aphall01
    Options
    It sounds like everyone has great goals set for themselves! I live with five other girls (at college) and we are all trying to keep eachother motivated and healthy. I'm also a fitness instructor at our recreational sports center here, and I just wanted to make sure that no one is burning themselves out. Doing too much at once can take it's toll on the body. One thing I like to do is four days on, one day off. The day off is just a lighter more moderate form of exercise, so you would still have your one day a week of rest. So my week might look like this:
    Monday: Step Express + kickboxing
    Tuesday: Pilates 1 hr. Yoga 50 min.
    Wednesday: An hour of basic cardio in our fitness center
    Thursday: Pilates and Yoga
    Friday: Moderate Exercise like a game of frisbee with friends, ice skating, raquetball, or a night out line dancing
    Saturday: Spinning class
    SUNDAY OFF
    Monday on, Tues on, Wednesday on, Thursday off. Friday on Sat. on, SUNDAY OFF...well, you get the picture.

Since the holidays, I had put on weight, especially with teaching only mat classes at the gym. I didn't want to be there any longer than I had to! So since the start of the semester, I've developed a healthier eating plan (thanks to this website) and working out more than just when I teach, and so far I've lost 6 pounds in 3 weeks. Going into my fourth week, I'll weigh myself tomorrow! I'm hoping for a health 1.5 pounds more!

Good luck everyone!
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Great idea! My ultimate goal is to hit my goal of 140 by July but I'm going to give myself until August just in case I hit a few slumps. I'm at 199 and have been losing about 3 lbs per week, so I should be able to make it (FINGERS CROSSED!). Here's what I've been doing:

M - Curves + Crunches
    T - 60 minutes on my treadmill (started intervals of walking/running/walking with inclines to get up to eventually being able to jog) + Crunches
    W - Curves + Crunches
    T - 60 minutes on my treadmill (started intervals of walking/running/walking with inclines to get up to eventually being able to jog) + Crunches
    F - Curves + Crunches
    S - Sometimes I do the treadmill again.
    S - Nada...

I have been taking weekends off of paying much attention but still try to pick out healthier foods and watch my portions. I don't keep much in the way of unhealthy food in my place, so it's easier...especially when you live alone! :) It's just the dinners/lunches/get togethers with friends that makes it a little harder. We can all do it! Let's go!
  • lovemuffins
    Options
    When I started MFP I was at 190 lbs (5'8")... heaviest I've ever been (besides being pregnant).

I am currently at 182 lbs... I weigh in every Monday morning with my sister and one of my bf's.

Workouts...
    Monday thru Saturday I am up to 4 miles on the treadmill in 40 minutes (plan on upping it on Monday).
    Monday - Wednesday - Friday I do weight's (upper and lower body) And also use a stair stepper on these days... (along with my 40 minute cardio).
    Rest on Sunday. :yawn:

My goal is to lose 30 (well 32) lbs by July. That would put me at 150 lbs with only 10 more to lose!!!

Good luck everyone!!! :bigsmile:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Cool...what gym does she teach it at? I go to Aspen but there are other gym chains. I'm just curious.

Its a single Gym in Beverly, Massachusetts. One of the first to get body pump. My wife was the only one besides the owner who passed the certification on the first try. It was very satisfying for her since there were 5 other trainers that were trying and all have certs in either aerobics or spinning.
  • lovemuffins
    Options
    Oh yeah... I also do crunches everyday... :happy:
  • kistinbee
    Options

Its a single Gym in Beverly, Massachusetts. One of the first to get body pump. My wife was the only one besides the owner who passed the certification on the first try. It was very satisfying for her since there were 5 other trainers that were trying and all have certs in either aerobics or spinning.

Cool! Good for her! And very inspiring! I would love to be able to teach classes someday...maybe on weekends. I still would like to be in much better shape, but it is something I've been thinking about a lot lately because I really enjoy them. We'll see how it goes!:bigsmile:
  • Zulzie
    Options
    hey guys, just wanted to say how awesome it is to hav joined a site like this. I think wen u wan2 lose weight one needs all the moral support they can get. u guys seem really gr8 and really helpful.lewk forward to gettin to know url...gud luck to every1 whose doin the challenge...the workout schedule is a bit hectic for me to follow..
  • AtlantaSara
    Options
    I guess I should lay out my work out schedule as well. I change mine weekly so week one:

Saturday- 1.5 hours of cardio.
    Sunday- 1 hour cardio plus a 50 minute spin class
    Monday/Wed./1 hour cardio and 30 minutes circuit weight training. In the PM Im doing a "boot camp routine of crunches (75), lunges and squats (3 sets of 15 each), and push ups (2 sets of 10)
    Tuesday/Thursday- 1.5 hours cardio am. Yoga in PM
    Friday - OFF