Calories vs. Carbs

canadiangirl84
canadiangirl84 Posts: 15 Member
edited September 28 in Health and Weight Loss
is staying under carbs as important as staying under calories? I tend to stay under my calories and go over carbs...help!

Replies

• Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    You will lose weight by staying under your calories regardless of whether or not you go over your carbs, but it's best to maintain a balance between you carbs, fat and protein.
  • jonikeffer
    jonikeffer Posts: 218 Member
    You will lose weight by staying under your calories regardless of whether or not you go over your carbs, but it's best to maintain a balance between you carbs, fat and protein.

Unless you're eating a bunch of simple/"white" carbs....I found out the hard way that when I allowed myself to have a bagel here and a potato there, but was still under in cals, that I didn't lose anything. I don't believe in a high protein diet or in cutting out anything entirely, but it can be important to make sure your carbs are complex carbs. Some may be fine just watching the cals, but I sure wasn't. :grumble:
  • canadiangirl84
    canadiangirl84 Posts: 15 Member
    What do you think about fruit carbs? I have one piece of bread a day...no other starches though
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member

Unless you're eating a bunch of simple/"white" carbs....I found out the hard way that when I allowed myself to have a bagel here and a potato there, but was still under in cals, that I didn't lose anything. I don't believe in a high protein diet or in cutting out anything entirely, but it can be important to make sure your carbs are complex carbs. Some may be fine just watching the cals, but I sure wasn't. :grumble:

I completely agree about the complex carbs.
This discussion has been closed.