weight loss help

Options
I need some weight loss buddies to help me stay on track. I had lost 130 lbs a few years ago and regained 70 with my last pregnancy and am struggling like never before to stay on track. I feel likw crying because I am so disgusted by my body and wish I could stick to my diet like I did before. Last time I never had any struggles staying on track. Not even once and now iv been trying for thr past year to stick to it and idk why I cant

Replies

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Two thoughts leap to mind:

1. You should see a therapist who specializes in eating disorders. You don't have to have one to see someone like that. They're trained in things like, "I can't stick to my diet and I don't know why and I feel like crying." They can help you sort through it and get to the Whys and maybe help you to not feel like crying.

2. Are you sure that this is what you want to do? It would seem, since you don't stick to the diet, that you might not want to do it. Maybe you'd like to be thin, but don't want to do the hard work involved in losing the weight. If you don't really want to do the work, it's not fair to you to go through the motions and then get mad at yourself for not doing something you never really wanted to do in the first place. You cannot beat yourself up over something like that!

Maybe I'm wrong about #2, in which case I refer you to #1 or other people's posts who may be more on-target.

Good luck.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    I can't blame you - no one likes diets. Can you skip the diet and just eat reasonably healthy most of the time, while maintaining a slight calorie deficit? That works for almost everyone.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    How bout you stop dieting and make a lifestyle change? You lost 130 pounds woman, you know how it's done, thats huge! Take each day as it comes, pre-log your days, make conscientious choices and BAM, you've got this!
  • sunandmoons
    sunandmoons Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! A new addition is a blessing! Don't beat yourself up. Try a healthy lifestyle and recoup. You know how to lose weight and when your ready you will!
  • KateTii
    KateTii Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    Are you practicing moderation? If I had to eat 100% healthy 100% of the time, I would much rather be 100kgs overweight but happy.

I try for "80/20" which a lot of people find works for them - basically saying the bulk of your intake/calories/food (80%) should be from balanced, nutritious sources and a small portion (20%) from junk/low nutrition/tasty foods.

Remember, a diet shouldn't be a prison you stay in for a couple of months until you're "good" again. Your diet should be a lifelong eating habit.
  • LoveMyBabes3
    LoveMyBabes3 Posts: 53 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I have a similar story that goes back 8 years and to get back on track I had to start smalll.
    For one week I simply added more water and no more sugary drinks.
    Then week 2 I started going on walks.
    Then week 3 I limited my calories to under 2,000.
    Then the next week was a smaller amount of calories.
    I kept doing this week by week...adding healthy habits slowly and it became my new life style. I still struggle at times, but I allow myself to be human. I just get back on track ad soon as I realize I've slipped. Good luck. You can do it. Just make small goals and don't expect instant results.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Dry your eyes, pull yourself together and get back in the game :]
    You CAN do this.