Healthy hotel room meals?

Options
Me and my family ( hubby and 11yr old son) are going to South Padre Island for a week and our hotel room is only equipped with a coffee maker, microwave and a mini fridge. The hotel provides breakfast, so atleast that is covered. I need ideas for healthy meals that we can prepare in our hotel room since we agreed that we would have only one meal out a day.

Replies

• mandalyn23
    mandalyn23 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Guess what? You can steam veggies in the coffee pot! It sounds weird but you can totally do it! Buy some bags of raw veggies, some lean meats, wraps/pitas, peanut butter, hummus etc. and you can make some meals! The Jiffy Pop 100 calorie popcorns are great snacks too!
  • chubswonky
    chubswonky Posts: 195
    Options
    I would probably bring a favorite healthy bread with some low-sodium turkey breast, avocado and mustard to make sandwiches!
    Could also buy high fiber tortilla wraps with some lower calorie cheese and salad and make quesadillas in the microwave!
  • SimplyDeLish
    SimplyDeLish Posts: 539
    Options
    consider taking a crock pot with you...put some meat and veggies in it in the morning, enjoy your day, and come back and dinner is ready!
  • haeden
    haeden Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    what about pre-cooked meals that all u have to do is heat up? like grill up some chicken and cut them up and put then in a container and then make a yummy salad?that way you only have to heat up the chicken. also bring tons of snacks that u can eat so when ur out and about u wont feel like u ate all ur calories :)