Help losing the last 10 pounds

Options
I'm trying to lose the last 10 pounds. Any tips for me? I'm a college student, excersie 6 times a week, housekeeper on the weekend. And I do try to eat healthy. I have even cut out bread and don't eat red meat except poultry because I don't like that stuff.

Replies

• DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Same as you lost the rest of the weight - by staying in a calorie deficit. It's no different. Just make sure you're counting accurately (weigh everything if you're not already) and don't overestimate your exercise calories if you eat them back (if you're using gym machines or MFP to estimate exercise calories, it's a good idea to eat back 50-80% of them as those sources tend to overestimate).

There's no need to cut out bread or anything like that, you're better off not doing so. You need to make habits that you can stick to, unless you're planning on cutting out bread for the rest of your life. Just stick to your calorie goal and you'll make it.
  • KrisiAnnH
    KrisiAnnH Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    What DemoraFairy said, exactly the same way you lost the rest of it. Tighten up your logging if you're starting to see yourself slipping, log EVERYTHING (there's a much smaller margin for error once you've lost weight, the more you lose the smaller it gets).

I think the most important thing to remember is patience! I'm still struggling to be patient with my rate of loss, the closer I get to a healthy BMI the more it slows down. I think it's just important to remind yourself it's to be expected- don't be discouraged if/when your rate of loss slows!