New mommy on a mission

Options
Hello everyone!! So I have quite a large goal to achieve here and I could really use some pointers. I'm 220lb, 23 years old and just had my beautiful bouncing baby girl almost 3 months ago. The pregnancy kinda hit me hard and I was sedentary through out most of it. In the end I ended up gaining around 60lbs. I was already about 40lbs off from what I wanted to be prior to the prego weight gain, so I'm now facing a whopping 100lb goal. I was 250lbs back in high school and lost 110lbs in about a year after but I did it in a very unhealthy way (anorexia/bulimia) and don't ever want to go down that path again. I have a wonderfully supportive husband that loves me no matter what and tries to encourage me but I'm still left feeling depressed and sort of hopeless in my endeavor at the end of everyday when see myself in the mirror. If anyone has any words or encouragement and/or tips that could help me lose the weight and keep it off for good, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you :)

Replies

• PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the birth of your little girl :]

It's so good to see you wanting to lose weight in a healthy and sensible way. It's also fantastic that you've got a great support system in your husband. You'll find loads of support here on MFP also so don't be afraid to reach out. You can totally do this, always believe in yourself and good luck!
  • thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the new addition! Let's get healthy together. I lost 110 lbs already (2-3 lbs a week) and have 25 to go. Add me for support!
  • jenfunfur
    jenfunfur Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your baby, I had similar gain with last pregnancy & lost 35lb of it but got stuck & lost motivation. Just found out pregnant with 2nd so using mfp to maintain a healthy lifestyle & weight gain. Currently 217lb at 7 weeks
  • SJSKET1982
    SJSKET1982 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Aw congrats on baby :-) I have 3 kids aged 1,3&5..I was doing great after baby no2 and lost over 40lbs then fell with baby no3 and now have 70lb to lose as gained everything back and more! This site has really helped me in the past and I find the support and encouragement from others is a good way to boost you and keep you going. I also find meal planning is a good way to keep yourself right, plan your meals and snacks so its there for you. Feel free to add me :-)
  • cuddlebucket
    cuddlebucket Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone for all of your wonderful words of encouragement :) It's going to be a long and hard road ahead but with help from good people like you who know what I going though I know I can do this.