Tired of being the biggest friend

Options
Hi all,

I'm chels. I'm in ct and looking to significantly change my lifestyle. I'm a complete beginner and looking to do a major overhaul!

Good luck to everyone out there.

Replies

• robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,392 Member
    Options
    You've found your motivation, now just do it.

Set your goals for loss, find alternate foods that are nutritious (and tasty) and above all else remember that calories out must be greater than calories in. Proper nutrition and healthy eating can include a lot of things people overlook, and you really don't have to give up everything good. Not even close really. If you toss in some exercise you can eat even more of those things we all love.

• CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    I know EXACTLY how you feel! Every single one of my friends is super thin without even trying! They are just naturally small people who gave probably never seen the inside of a gym. My husband is too! And his family! It's so hard to feel disincluded from the people you spend a good portion of your life with because of weight. And I find it really conflicting because I love them all dearly but I am jealous of their healthy relationship with food! So I am taking this journey as much for them as for myself!
  • amez_7
    amez_7 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Best of luck in your weight loss journey :)
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    You've certainly come to the right place :)

Wishing you the very best of success!
  • ke45
    ke45 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You can do it!
  • NoelWilliams5
    NoelWilliams5 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    This was me until six months ago when I decided enough was enough. Now I've lost seventy pounds. If I can do it, you can!
  • Redbeard333
    Redbeard333 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Start by making small changes that you can sustain, and let it snowball over time! Before you know it, those pounds will be coming off every week. Good luck on your journey, and don't forget to stop and smell the roses :)
  • honeybundle1
    honeybundle1 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I always felt like I was the biggest person in the room but since May, I've made significant changes and have turned things around - I hope all goes well with your journey too : )
  • melboudreau87
    melboudreau87 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I never used to be the biggest friend... but now I am! I've been on a binge for the past 4 years... and I've gained about 80 pounds! I was overweight even before then... so I now have 130 lbs to lose... I'm that friend that has to ask for a chair with no arm rests.. because I can't fit... I'm that girl who can no longer go on roller coasters (which I LOVE) because the seats are too small... I'm that girl who can't go zip lining or do TreeGo adventures because I'm over the weight limit.... I don't deserve that... I don't deserve to feel the way I do.. Like my weight is suffocating me! That's why I'm here today... You don't deserve to feel the way you do either! The good news is that you are 100% in control of your actions.. and the bad news is you are 100% in control of your actions (lol)... I mean to say you are the only person that can do this.. you can get all the help and support you need (and you do need that!!) but in the end.. you choose!.. Prepare yourself mentally for the challenges!! Have a plan to ride the cravings that will surely come!! And have an environment that gives you your biggest chance for success!! don't just throw away your junk food... throw it away and REPLACE it with healthier snacks!! Take it one day at time.. one hour at a time if you have to... don't worry about the next year or month or week if it's too much... just focus on what you can handle in that moment...
    Good luck! we can do this and we deserve to do this!! <3
  • courtcassiefit
    courtcassiefit Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! :)<3