Question about fried chicken???

LizC26
LizC26 Posts: 319 Member
edited September 28 in Health and Weight Loss
When I try to log a fried chicken breast (breaded, with skin and bone...like you get from KFC or Popeyes), the different options all range from 210 to 330 calories....I just can't believe it's that little...I assumed there was at least 500 calories in a whole one....Is this correct??

&& Don't judge me for eating fried chicken :) I live in GA...lol

Replies

• milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    When in doubt I google for nutritional info.
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    All that oil that gets absorbed into the skin, yes I would think it would have more than 200 or 300 calories but heck if I know because I haven't eaten the stuff in years. Oh and I'm totally NOT judging you, but, you can still eat healthy food even living in Georgia, you just have to make it yourself. I grew up in the south though, I know what you're talking about, LOL.
  • Allegi32
    Allegi32 Posts: 302 Member
    Have you checked KFC's website? They list nutritional info, so you could double-check there. And hey....all things in moderation! Mmmm, fried chicken!
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,809 Member
    Did you specifically search for those fast food places? Try searching by KFC or Popeyes or BoJangles or Churchs.....dang...now I am hungry.
  • AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    I could go for some KFC right now lol. I would look on their website and see what it says. I would agree with you that there is probably more calories in that.
  • traceysturn
    traceysturn Posts: 196
    Oh my! Fried Chicken - haven't had that in forever. Is there a low cal recipe for it :wink: ? Mmmm YUM!
  • xxjacqueline
    xxjacqueline Posts: 97 Member
    I live in WV and fried chicken is also a staple. I had it just yesterday. Those amounts are generally accepted on the sites I've checked. One chicken breast home fried is around 350 calories. That's the value I got most often. You can't base your foods on fast foods, like KFC, anything you make at home will be a little better for you. You know what you've done to that chicken. You don't know what KFC did to theirs.
  • smlamb33
    smlamb33 Posts: 342 Member
    Oh my! Fried Chicken - haven't had that in forever. Is there a low cal recipe for it :wink: ? Mmmm YUM!

Hungry girl makes a version of fried chicken using Fiber One cereal, although I haven't tried it so I couldn't tell you if it was good or not. If you try it, let me know how it is! :smile:
  • ascrof
    ascrof Posts: 34

Hungry girl makes a version of fried chicken using Fiber One cereal, although I haven't tried it so I couldn't tell you if it was good or not. If you try it, let me know how it is! :smile:

since i'm starving i had to look it up....i may try and make it tomorrow
    http://www.hungry-girl.com/newsletters/raw/725
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    One extra crispy fried chicken breast at KFC is 510 calories yet an original recipe breast is only 360. Preparation method makes a huge difference. If you don't know how it was prepared, maybe just estimate about 425 calories per breast. Just an estimation technique, you probably wouldn't be too far off in either direction.
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Use panko bread crumbs for a crispy crust and bake. Healthy and u will not miss the oil at all. I live in Southern Alabama and i'm fine without it...
This discussion has been closed.