Proper Hydration

Options
How much water do y'all drink a day? I drink a gallon of water and still feel thirsty! My sodium intake is incredibly low, maybe that's why? Not absorbing it as I should? And I don't have diabetes:) I'm actually hypoglycemic.

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    I don't track water but I drink quite a bit. Probably about a gallon most days, including tea. My urine is light to clear so I don't feel the need to mark down every bit I drink.
  • michaeliaann_
    michaeliaann_ Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I go by the color of my pee, but I do drink about a gallon of water per day
  • mallory_2014
    mallory_2014 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I drink about 3L a day.. sometimes a bit more, sometimes a bit less.
  • marykate_1203
    marykate_1203 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    There's a few equations online to figure it out in relation to your weight. Worth looking into?
  • keeblerelf83
    keeblerelf83 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank y'all! It says that I need about 100 oz a day and I'm getting 126 oz. I'm doing low carb so I googled ketosis and it said thirst is a side effect for a few weeks. This probably explains it:)
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    About a gallon, most days, I guess.

I don't measure it. I don't count it. There is no good reason to do those things other than enjoying the process of counting it.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    UrineChart.jpg

Go by the color of your urine.
  • hakamruth
    hakamruth Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I try to drink a minimum of 64 oz, most days I drink more. Where do you live? If you live in the desert area you may feel more thirsty. I used to live NY and drank a lot less and did not feel thirsty. Now I feel more thirsty. If you do low carb you need more water. Unless there is a medical reason for you to be on low sodium diet, you should make sure you get enough, your body needs it. You might want to switch up your salt to pink Himalayan salt or mineral salt to get the benefits of other nutrients that are in these salts, rather than the ordinary table salt.
  • datsundriver87
    datsundriver87 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I mix 100 oz of water with 3 scoops of xtend go bcaas per day, help muscle growth, get my water intake in, and best of all it makes me feel very energetic