Want to lose 60 by SDCC!

Options
So, long story short, I've been trying to lose weight for about 3 years and constantly go through a cycle of gaining and losing motivation. This year, my husband has been lucky enough to take a few work-related trips by himself, and as a gift to me, he's said that (if I can get tickets, which is rather unlikely) I can go to San Deigo Comic-Con next summer. This gives me a long term goal to work towards... If I lose about 2 lbs a week, that would put me at about 60 lbs down by the end of July. I'm 212lbs today, and would like to find people who are motivated and interested in helping to motivate me to get to my goal.

A little more about me personally, I'm 31/F, stay at home mom to two kids (5 and 3). I have a lot of time to myself, but I tend to try to fill it with volunteering, housework, writing/reading, netflix (nerdy sci fi comic book supernatural shows, of course), and walking my chihuahua :) We just recently moved to New Jersey from Texas, so the change in weather is going to be interesting! My favorite exercises/fitness things include walking, Wii Fit U, Your Shape Fitness Evolved Wii Game (which I LOVE!), tracking my steps on my fit bit, and sometimes running (although I don't think I'm really built for that type of impact anymore). I suffer from mild-moderate depression, so that really affects my motivation levels... the negative self body image, comfort eating, depression and anxiety, it all just feeds into this never ending cycle. Plus, I feel like I've tried losing weight so many times that my friends just don't take me seriously anymore when I tell them I want to get serious about it again. I'm hoping that with a lot of support, dedication, hard work, and an actual goal date and reward in mind, I can keep with it this time.

Replies

• mhayden3
    mhayden3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Glad to meet you! I need the motivation as well. And any good recipes/foods you can suggest to help out
  • DrRSong
    DrRSong Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have a really bad diet right now!! But I've had results in the past with lower carbs (I can't go completely carb free or keto, because I LOVE CARBS!), consistency (it's a marathon, not a sprint), and shakes from Nature's Bounty. My husband and I try to keep dinners simple - a protein, a lot of veggies, and some rice (chicken, rice and veggie bowls are quick and easy and my husband swears he loses a lot after we have that for dinner a few nights a week).
  • kfm6
    kfm6 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your goals. I'm down 25 with another 25 to go. I'm targeting 2 pounds a week, which I don't always achieve. I've changed my eating habits (more whole foods and avoid processed foods). I've gotten serious about exercise (5+ times a week). I like elliptical, racquetball, weights and cycling. Friend me if you want to provide mutual support.

Kevin