Can someone help me figure out TDEE?

Options
Emma33021
Emma33021 Posts: 71 Member
Hi everyone,

Can someone help me calculate TDEE? TIA!!

Replies

• PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    There are many TDEE calculator's available online. Plug your details in to one of those :]

Having said that, these are all going to be estimates and you'll probably find that each calculator gives you a different figure. The best thing to do is, go with one and record your results - adjust where necessary.

I use a Fitbit to calculate my TDEE (I'm at maintenance so I wanted to get my calorie amount as accurate as I could) - and it's been really helpful :] -
  • Emma33021
    Emma33021 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!

I didn't phrase my question clear enough though :)

I had my calorie goal set at 1650 at MFP around 2.5 months ago (which was supposed to be my TDEE - 20% I think, based on some formula I found can't remember where).

I have lost about 14 lbs since then, so now I recalculated to see if any changes need to be made.

Using scoobysworkshop site now I'm getting:
    BMR = 1846
    TDEE = 2862
    TDEE - 20% = 2289 (I used 3-5hrs moderately active and 20% fat loss).

I take circuit training classes 2-3/week, sometimes I would add yoga or replace one of those with kickboxing class.
    In general, I don't take more than 4 classes per week and they are 50-60 min each.
    Light walking on days when I don't exercise.

As I understand .... Do I need set my calorie goal to 2289 and don't eat my exercise calories back? So anything between 1846 and 2862 would be ok as a daily goal? Am I correct or am I missing something?