Starting over again......could use some support!

Options
Hi all

I have been toying with this healthy business for 18 months and I lose a few lbs then stop and gain a few lbs....irritating me and enough is enough, looking for some encouraging friends who would like to support me and I will try and do the same. My diary is open and I am now logging everyday. I have 70lbs to lose. Please feel free to add me! Thank you for reading.

Replies

• PaulBonham
    PaulBonham Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Best of luck!
  • Mrsmiller0422
    Mrsmiller0422 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I feel alot like you do. I have a hard time staying focused on eating healthy n exercising. I added you good luck on your journey.
  • ajsj2010
    ajsj2010 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat..been down this road a million times it feels like. Feel free to add me. I would love some people who could encourage as well!
  • jkrunner80
    jkrunner80 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm there with the rest of you! Feel free to add me :)
  • momof3and3
    momof3and3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I came back 35 days ago, after not being here for almost a year. I gained back all the weight I had previously lost, about 30 lbs. I have since lost 14 lbs and have 10-15 more to go. Add me, I can use encouragement and am also a great encourager!
  • bgflores80
    bgflores80 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I know your struggle, I'm a food addict and have been all my life. I am 60 yrs old and have lot 100 lbs, but need to lose 150 more. The first 100 I lost by not going on a diet - I did diets all my life and they don't work. We have to make life changing choices. So... I decided to make 1 change at a time. For example I gave up mayonaise - forever. As soon as I was used to this I made another change - again forever. Gave up whole milk and only drank slim milk. As soon as I was used to that I made one more - added one vegetable to dinner or to the day (lunch or dinner). I lost 100 pounds that way. But now I am at a point where I can't do that anymore I need to add exercise and that is now my downfall. So I'm trying to start small at do at least 4000 steps a day. I'm working on it.

I wish you all the best and one thing I know - we can do this by making the choice one decision at a time.
  • Toni_lives_fit
    Toni_lives_fit Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. I am in the same boat as you. Just came back today. You are courageous for trying again.

I wish you the best.
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    Never give up! Life happens and we cope in different ways...including overeating. Healthy habits take a while to establish themselves, so press on! You've got this!
  • gacornell
    gacornell Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I too have not been going back and forth for a while. I've got to do something different. I eat good and lose some weight and then it seems like life gets in the way and I slowly go back to eating out all the time. Before I know it my clothes aren't fitting and I feel the worst I've ever been. The two hardest things for me are finding time to cook healthy meals and make time for exercising. Between the kids sports, working full time, and volunteering at church it just seems never ending.
  • lucyloutoo
    lucyloutoo Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Added :)
  • annsoultanian
    annsoultanian Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Im in the same situation - tired of the up and down then I lose interest, then I start feeling like a couch potato! I could use some support as well!?!
  • rkretsi
    rkretsi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! For me it's the same. Trying to lose 20 kilos for some time now. Best of luck
  • SJSKET1982
    SJSKET1982 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your kind words of encouragement. Im sure with time and patience we will all reach out goals. :smiley: