A nasty shock and some fresh inspiration

Options
Hi!

My name is Mollie, I'm 19 and studying towards a BSc Applied Animal Studies degree.

This morning my scales arrived and I stepped on them, expecting to see around 13 stone but instead I saw 15 stone 5lbs. As I suffer from pcos this really isn't ideal!

So here I am! Hoping to get down to 12 stone or maybe less, we'll see how I feel!

Replies

• JanelleG0122
    JanelleG0122 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Hi Mollie!
    Sometimes it takes a look at the scale to realize a change is needed! I'm not sure what the weight of 15 stones is, sorry from the US, but anything that makes you want to change is good! Tracking your calories is easy once you get the hang of it. If you have the app I strongly suggest you use the barcode scanner as much as possible when inputting your food! Small goals are also a good thing to start out with, because sometimes you think you want to weigh a certain amount, but realize you are healthy and happier at a different weight! Good luck!
  • Molzify
    Molzify Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much :) and in pounds I weigh 187 so I think its 14 pounds to a stone.

I know what you mean about small goals, the first one will be losing 10 pounds :)
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Hi Mollie :]

You aren't alone! Many of us have had that initial 'scale shock'. For me, it was after a trip to the doctors for a routine appointment. I knew I'd point on weight but expected to have gained around 6 lbs and no more. I got on the scales there and my doctor informed me that I'd gained TWO STONE. I was horrified. 5 months later, I'm the smallest and fittest I've ever been - so I promise you can reach your goals. Good luck!
  • ALMOSTkickedpcos
    ALMOSTkickedpcos Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi Mollie!
    Totally amazing about your weight lose. Yes, PCOS makes it a lot slower and harder to lose.
    I myself, suffers from PCOS but has overcome it now. It does require a lot extra push to lose. This one here, I wrote, it might be helpful :)
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10264570/ones-fighting-pcos#latest
    But, remember, keep pushing :)