Road trip snacks?

Options
cmartin1920
cmartin1920 Posts: 2 Member
We are on the road a lot and I want to start packing for the whole trip.
Any suggestions?

Replies

• pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,964 Member
    Options
    COMBOS_Group_Shot.jpg?slideshow=true&slideshowAuto=true&slideshowSpeed=4000&speed=350&transition=elastic
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I'd have a cooler with sandwiches and Greek yogurt. For sides, I'd have bags of Baked Lays, jerky, and protein bars. I don't eat a lot of fresh fruit except for berries (which obviously do not keep well), but I can see packing apples, pears, bananas. Little baggies of carrots and celery with dipping cups.
  • StephanieJohnny
    StephanieJohnny Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You should definitely try homemade granola bars, or even trail mix. It's always a smart idea to carry fresh fruit with you, like apples and oranges, and maybe even juice or water too. If you want like solid food, but not actual sandwiches, you could always try wraps. Fill them up with yummy vegetables, like cucumber and peppers, some ham, and cream cheese! Absolutely delightful. But whatever you choose, it's going to be great. I hope you have a fun trip.
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    Try a variety of nuts and some boiled eggs
  • cmartin1920
    cmartin1920 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yep, we own comoany and have had a driver quit so we have to pick up the slack. :)
    o
    beef jerky
    on the road a lot? truck driver? eat some fruit daily

r
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
  • ernestrodgers82
    ernestrodgers82 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I'm with @CrabNebula. The best news of all is all of the money you will save from not spending it at roadside service centers. Watch the salt content. Fresh fruit, nuts, and dairy (I like string cheese rather than yogurt).