not a success yet....but im getting back there

Options
amberlyda1
amberlyda1 Posts: 154 Member
t9jceg7t1oru.jpg
eqakbb2b4pdg.jpg

The last 2 years kicked my butt. See that picture of me of me in the pink? Thats me from just a few years ago (less than 4 years)...and it is not my most fit picture ever:) . The one with me and my son...thats from this last year :(
I used to workout and eat like a champ! I was ripped.
Over the last 2 years or so i put on 80 lbs. Last year I got hit by a car, got majorly depressed and then life handed me a huge pile of crap. It was bad. I got depressed and lost all motivation, hope etc. I had a hard time getting off the couch. Honestly because i lived in my "fat girl yoga" pants I didnt know how heavy I was getting. I went to the doctor but i refused to look at the numbers on the scale. They put me on blood pressure meds last year. I didnt get back on a scale until I had lost some weight in June; when i saw the numbers my jaw dropped. I had put on over 80 pounds since that pink picture, and i lost all my muscle definition. I tried to work out but my body HURT from just taking walks. I stopped eating crud and day by day it got better. The depression and pain were going away. 4 1/2 months later im down 20 lbs and have gained muscle (no pictures i stay the heck away from cameras. lol); i can workout without too much pain. I can walk for miles, I can bike for 2 hours plus, Im only sore after weights, no joint pain. I have another 70 to go. By this time next year I will be back to where i was. I dont always have time to work out. I have 3 kids, I work, I go to school full time, and I still have trailing drama. Trust me I have every excuse to just sit and give up. I had to treat my weight loss as a job at first; the motivation came second. Now after months and months I want to be a better me. Im sharing this because I see a lot of posts about no motivation, or wanting to give up.
If I can do it so can you.

Replies

• kolkol
    kolkol Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    sounds like you are definitely on the right path, so glad you are feeling better! Make sure you take your own pics (no one has to see them but you, even if you hate them) if I didn't take pics I may have given up a few weeks ago when the scale started slowing down, but then I saw my old pic to the new and was so happy that I look different. Keep up the great work!!!
  • amberlyda1
    amberlyda1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    you're right i need to take pics; I know ive gained muscle along with loosing weight. I do have this pic...I WORE PANTS WITH BUTTONS!ygw5qxlwpum5.jpg
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    The fact that you keep going is a Success on its own
    Don't Quit
  • PS1959
    PS1959 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    you are doing awesome work!! you are a motivator for me--I too need the push to get off the couch. I have a day office type job, so I sit all day long--need the motivation for the evenings for a walk or using the elliptical machine.
  • Ruthy420
    Ruthy420 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Half the battle is actually getting back out there and working on it! Good Luck, and never quit!!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    I agree about treating the weight loss as a job. I have had to to that. You look great!!!
    Keep doing what is working for you :star::star::star::star::star::star:
  • dawniemate
    dawniemate Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I think you are a beautiful person inside and out. Your children must be so proud....as we are on this board.....keep up the good work. ..inspirational :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!