And I'm back!

Options
KatFru
KatFru Posts: 18 Member
Hello, I'm Katrina! I have just recently gotten back into my healthy lifestyle routine and would love some positive feedback and tips on how to stay on track. My weight when starting last Monday was 333lbs and my goal is to get down to 130-150lbs. That's 180-200lbs I want to lose, a near impossible feat, but I know it's doable. I started last Monday and since then have already lost 7.4lbs. I know that much weight loss will not be typical weekly and is probably more water weight than anything, but it is definitely a motivator to keep going. Along with counting calories, I've started going to the gym about 5 times a week, and I play volleyball twice a week. It feels so good to be active again. I'm hoping that this time around my commitment will stick. I turn 30 in December, and I don't want to start my 30's as unhealthy as I am now. I'm looking forward to the changes, and all the new things my body will be able to accomplish!

Replies

• Nova
    Nova Posts: 9,971 MFP Staff
    Options
    Good luck to you Katrina, you can do it!! :)
  • whisperzsaralynn
    whisperzsaralynn Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Not impossible, you can do it!! :smiley:
  • amytorr19
    amytorr19 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I am back at it with you.
  • robyndobyn3
    robyndobyn3 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi Katrina! You can definitely do it! I sent you a friend request - maybe we can help motivate each other!
  • fireball1970
    fireball1970 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    We are here for you!!
  • Mosiak
    Mosiak Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm 315lbs and looking to lose about 135-140lbs, I just started yesterday here. I don't exercise as much as you do due to back problems (from weight) but once I get down a few lbs I will hopefully be able to move around with more comfort.

You're doing really great though! You seem very active and that's fantastic! :D
  • jasper186
    jasper186 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I saw a sign the other day that made alot of sense to me......"I always believed I would have the courage to finish.......I just can't believe I had the courage to START". Set small short term goals for yourself and when you reach them set new ones, one huge goal can be daunting. Log everything, you are only cheating yourself if you don't and if it comes in a package don't eat it. This is a long process but there are many success stories on this site, I find reading some of the stories gives me hope. Good Luck :)
  • KatFru
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I am so ready for this!

Mosiak, I have a bad knee from when I fractured my leg severely 10 years ago. I just make sure that the exercises are low impact to make it easier on it. My added weight has definitely not done it any good. Start small. The stationary bike is my typical go to, I try the elliptical but I am wayyyy to out of shape for that at the moment. If I can do it, you can too. :)
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Great loss so far! :)
    Regardless of whether it's water weight or not, celebrate each individual loss. That's 7.4 lbs you are no longer carrying around with you. Amazing progress. You are doing so well and I promise you this, continue doing exactly what you are doing and you will have absolutely no problem reaching your goal weight. It is certainly not impossible. You can do this!
  • KatFru
    Options
    Thanks @PinkPixiexox!
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    Welcome back Katrina. You got this!