Two Questions.. (please help)

Options
So I am going to my high school prom in 2 days and I will dancing for at least 3 hours straight. I know that I will burn a lot of calories that day, so is it bad if I don't eat back those calories?

Also, I have a question that is off topic. I am taking birth control pills (only for my period) and I take them at 9pm, but my prom starts at 7pm and I don't want to take my pill to the prom. Would it be bad to take my pill 2 hours early?

Replies

• abalicious
    abalicious Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    1) about the prom, I would imagine that there will be a lot of eating happening there. There was at mine! We went to dinner and then once inside there were tables of desserts! Plus you will be eating breakfast, lunch, and snacks in between (I'm assuming) so I would bet you are going to go slightly over your daily cals (which is OK once in a while!) I know that dancing burns a lot of calories but at our prom no one danced the entire time. Not saying you won't, but just saying :)

2) about the birth control... it is definitely OK to take 2 hours early. The only time that would be a semi-problem is if you're using it for sex and miss a day. But hey, no one takes their pill perfectly every single day!
  • kaittx13
    kaittx13 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    read the direction on your birth control. usually if you take it with the normal 2 hours you should be okay.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    1) about the prom, I would imagine that there will be a lot of eating happening there. There was at mine! We went to dinner and then once inside there were tables of desserts! Plus you will be eating breakfast, lunch, and snacks in between (I'm assuming) so I would bet you are going to go slightly over your daily cals (which is OK once in a while!) I know that dancing burns a lot of calories but at our prom no one danced the entire time. Not saying you won't, but just saying :)

2) about the birth control... it is definitely OK to take 2 hours early. The only time that would be a semi-problem is if you're using it for sex and miss a day. But hey, no one takes their pill perfectly every single day!

Awesome answer.
  • cutiekaylaa
    Options
    My school is too cheap to actually have snacks at our prom and I don't have enough money to go out for dinner, so I should be okay with the food, lol.

And thank you for the information on the birth control. :)
  • TromaRon
    TromaRon Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Your prom is a special event. I wouldn't worry about going over for that day/night. If you're a little careful with your choices that night, good for you. Just have fun & get back on track the next day.
  • misscfe
    misscfe Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    As long as you don't starve yourself during the day prior to prom you will be fine. Just make sure you do your normal eating and it will just be extra calories burned.
  • SuperStorm
    SuperStorm Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    1. You don't ever HAVE to eat back your exercise calories.
    2. You can take your pill early or late, even the next day since you're only using it for regulating your cycle.
    3. Have fun and take pictures and don't worry about anything but enjoying this moment in your life :)
  • cutiekaylaa
    Options
    Thank you everyone! :)
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    Doctors usually tell you to take the pill at the same time every day so you remember to take it, so I believe it's not necessary to take it at the same time every day. Have fun at prom!
  • mental_release
    Options
    Being a guy, I have no clue on #2...so I'll let the ladies answer that one. *blush*

As for #1, my personal opinion, is forget the calorie counting and have fun. You'll have plenty of time to count calories later. I never got to go to my prom and feel I missed out, so don't let *ANYTHING* stop you from enjoying yourself!

Enjoy!

--MR
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I agree, this is a fun day so it's time to enjoy it and not worry about calories.
    Having said that, make sure you eat healthy earlier in the day and a good snack before you go so you are full of energy for all that dancing. Have fun!
    One day out of routine won't mess up your weight loss, just make sure you go back to getting the right amount of calories in the next day.