Is it possible

Options
My current weight is 249, i want to be down to 230 or lower by my birthday on July 4th...is it possible.

-I only eat 1200 cals or less a per day
-at least a liter of water a day
-no soda
-im going to be getting oxyelite pro this weekend
--im doing the 30 day shred
-im running on the elliptical 30 minutes a day
-i plan to add in a nice long walk every night with that as well

Is this possible, should i be doing anything differently? or am i setting myself up for failure, please be honest.

Replies

• rhodenizer
    rhodenizer Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Don't forget you will also build some muscle which weighs more, so measure yourself also and watch the inches disappear too. You may be able to achieve that but what comes off fast doesn't always stay off, so slow and steady wins the race, eat healthy follow Canada's food guide, you can find it by googling it. Good luck and happy journey.
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I do not personally think it is possible to lose that much in less than a month now I could definitely see you losing 10 by then. Don't focus so much on losing that much I would hate to see you do anything unhealthy to reach it. Who knows everyones body is different just take it one day at a time.
  • Jenscan
    Jenscan Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    20 pounds in less than a month? It may be POSSIBLE. Whether or not it's LIKELY is another thing entirely. A realistic weight loss would be 4-8 pounds; MAYBE 10. I would suggest you shoot for something a little more realistic and if you lose more, bonus! Think if it this way: anything you lose is a good thing, regardless of if it's 1, 5, 10, 20 pounds.
  • Beaukitty
    Beaukitty Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Don't put yourself under 1200 or you're going to put yourself into starvation mode! Especially if you're really burning calories with exercise and then not eating some of them back! I'd recommend eating fruits/veggies to get you through those remaining calories. Good luck, but be careful!! :smile:
  • abalicious
    abalicious Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I think it's possible. However, 1200 calories per day seems to be an awful low number for someone who weighs 249. I weigh 220 and my daily calories are set at 1500. If you eat too few calories you will put your body into starvation mode and you will GAIN. so be very careful of that. Also muscle is denser than fat, so many instead of trying to lose almost 20 lbs you should concentrate on inches lost through measuring. Plus a "cleanse" doesn't really make you lose fat... you lose "excess" and it's not actual fat. So you'll kind of be losing empty weight.
  • KatiePeca
    KatiePeca Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    It could definitely happen, especially if you're just starting your diet and fitness routine, in the start pounds come off very fast! I just started a week ago, I had nearly 100 pounds to lose, I went from eating whatever I wanted to eating 1300 calories a day, and in the first week I lost 13 pounds, mostly water weight, I also started watching my sodium intake. Now I'd only have to lose 7 pounds in three weeks to reach a goal of 20 pounds lost, it's ambitious, but do-able. It may come of fast at the start, but it should stabilize and you should shoot for 1-2 pounds a week for healthy weight loss!

Good luck :)

Katie
  • Astacia74
    Astacia74 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Possible...maybe. Healthy...probably not. Sorry to say it, but, losing weight that quickly is usually not a long-lasting result. You should continue with your exercise regimine but, it seems like you may not be eating enough. When you do not consume enough calories/carbs, your body begins to burn fat then it goes after muscle mass.

I suggest using the tracker on this site and sticking with the calorie intake it recommends. You may not lose 20 pounds in a month but, you will be more likely to keep the weight off not to mention stay healthy.

Best of luck to you!
  • Rikki444
    Rikki444 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Not eating enough calories can stall your weight loss. But don't take my word for it, google it. You're not eating enough calories for all of your activity!!! You have to FUEL accordingly. You want to lose FAT not muscle. Right?

Can you lose enough weight to make your birthday glorious? It's not only possible. It is probable. =D

KeeP ON!
  • pftjill
    pftjill Posts: 488
    Options
    As a personal trainer I am going to be honest with you. What you are doing is very unhealthy. The best way to lose weight is slowly. There is no magic pill. Also if you workout too much you will burn out and possibly get injured. Even worse if you are not getting the cals your body needs. Also-even if you don't take my advice take vitamins, because I doubt your are getting all the nutrients your body needs.

As someone said-10lbs is probably more realistic. Why not make a goal-like next birthday you will be at your long term goal weight and staying there strong. The healthiest and best and most effective way to lose weight is slow and steady. This way you are more likely to keep it off. Please, please think about this!!
  • Chefsammy
    Chefsammy Posts: 4
    Options
    Like a few people said, you dont want to eat too few calories or you will be in starvation mode and no matter what you do your body willl burn off muscle not fat.