consistenly UNDER calories NOT BY CHOICE!!!

Options
These past two weeks my appetite has VANISHED while that is good for the wallet..i know it's not good for my weight loss journey!!! so my goal is to consume 1460 cals and i only ate around 900 today (plus burned 500 cals) I usually get hungry after a workout or really late at night

There is NO way all this hard work isgoing to waste by picking up a Thickburger from Hardee's LOL...........I need some HEALTHY High Calories stuff i can incorporate into my meals...

Replies

• Samerah12
    Samerah12 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    nuts! especially if you aren't too hungry, small volume= high calorie. And good for you.
  • mlpisme1992
    Options
    I have the same problem and would love healthy options too.
  • LeeLeeTunk
    LeeLeeTunk Posts: 84
    Options
    Mine is 1200....and im ALWAYS under....and it yells at me that i eat TOO FEW calories lol :laugh:
  • KeepingChocolate
    KeepingChocolate Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I like to use nuts for this. I vary what type of nut I use.

Eggs I think would work too. I usually do those for breakfast since they are so high in protein.
  • ninyagwa
    ninyagwa Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Nuts is an agreed. You could also try meal replacement bars or snacks, they tend to be high in calories but also good things like protei.
  • iteachfirst
    iteachfirst Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm the same. My goal is 1200 and yesterday my net after exercise was 290 calories! Crazy. I'm eating lots of good protein and drinking tons of water which fills me up but I know I should eat more. I agree nuts and natural peanut butter are high in calories but also in protein and good for you.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Mine is 1200....and im ALWAYS under....and it yells at me that i eat TOO FEW calories lol :laugh:

Shame on all of you!!!! LOL.... A hand full of nuts (pick your kind), a serving of avocado, protein shake (especially something like muscle milk... one serving is 300 calories but it's really good), protein bar, chicken, 95/5 lean beef, eggs ( i would mix egg whites and two eggs)... or just look at my journal. I eat 2800 calories a day and you should be able to see the trends fairly quickly.

You will hurt your progress if you aren't eating enough. Additionally, you can cause many problems by not eating enough cause health issues (gulle stones, etc... ). If your net calories are at least 1200, your put your body at risk at being mal nurished.
  • LaurieBLouise
    LaurieBLouise Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    how do you feel about cottage cheese? no not cellulite, actual cottage cheese. so good for you as far as calcium and protein are concerned. mix in with almonds and you have yourself calories, protein, omega-3, calcium and fiber!
  • apwinchester2
    Options
    If you aren't hungry after workouts you might want to make sure to check-in with yourself to assure that you have sufficient liquid. Sometimes just a little dehydration can make me loose my appetite, and what I really need is water to make everything back-to-normal.

Other compact-calorie, quick, and good-for-you-foods are avocados, cheese, and high-fat fish like salmon (can often smoked salmon so no cooking needed)

OR try a protein shake with whole milk and maybe even calorie-it-up with bananas, honey, peanut butter (or almond butter, etc)

-A
  • Divabonita88
    Divabonita88 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    how do you feel about cottage cheese? no not cellulite, actual cottage cheese. so good for you as far as calcium and protein are concerned. mix in with almonds and you have yourself calories, protein, omega-3, calcium and fiber!
    COTTAGE CHEESE?!!!...spare me lol i will try though
  • YellowStrawberry
    YellowStrawberry Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I have started eating a trail mix my mother in law made from like Whole Foods: Walnuts, Cashews, Almonds and dried cranberries!! YUMMY A handful of those (or more if you need more calories) and a large glass of water helps me hungry or not! :)
  • Divabonita88
    Options
    thanks for the suggestions!
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Some people put nut butter in their fruit and green protein smoothies.
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Some people put nut butter in their fruit and green protein smoothies.
  • honeybeaa
    honeybeaa Posts: 2
    Options
    I agree mixed nuts will add the calories and provide "good" fat. Also, the breakfast or meal replacement bars also work well. I like the Cliff bars. Give it a try!,
  • Divabonita88
    Options
    I agree mixed nuts will add the calories and provide "good" fat. Also, the breakfast or meal replacement bars also work well. I like the Cliff bars. Give it a try!,

will do