no alcohol!!!

Options
I'm feeling so proud right now because I've made it through the weekend without having any alcohol! I am trying to go for one month without drinking any alcohol, which I normally have a few glasses of wine on a weekend. I'm so pleased because I haven't found this difficult at all this weekend and I'm excited to see what my weight loss is in the morning (weekly weigh in) :smile:

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Great job, keep fretting it!
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Good for you! :)
  • JANINE123XXX
    JANINE123XXX Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Well done... Hope you have great results...
  • KT_3009
    KT_3009 Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Great work! It's quite a shock when you realise just how many calories are in our favourite drinks.. Best of luck for you :)
  • IanRS
    IanRS Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Good luck
  • Cheeseandcats
    Cheeseandcats Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Woohoo!! I'm also with you, trying to not drink any alcohol this month- made it through last weekend, which was surprisingly easy. I love relaxing with a few glasses (errr...sometimes a whole bottle...) of wine every weekend. It's crazy how many empty calories alcohol has though! We got this!
  • prettysoul1908
    prettysoul1908 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I was a glass every day after work person and found that to be the culprit of why I hit a wall with weight loss.

I now reserve any spirits for the weekend. And then, in moderation. Because I'm logging everything I saw how liquor accounted for almost a third of my calorie intake for one day. Empty calories annoy me.

Since cutting way back on alcohol I have much more energy for my 530 alarm to work out and my stomach is way less bloated. That's reason enough for me to keep it up
  • myoung15523
    myoung15523 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm still hanging in there, I'm finding this weekend harder than the last one! I'm not wanting a glass of wine but I am thinking about it a lot!!! I'm determined to do this though and I am now feeling the benefits, my mind is much more focused and the weight is coming off
  • FitGirl0123
    FitGirl0123 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    Great job. Keep up the good work!
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Keep it up! :)
  • flippy1234
    flippy1234 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    OK, I'm joining in. 2 weeks with nothing starting today!!! I love my wine so it's going to be really really hard.
  • superhockeymom
    superhockeymom Posts: 2,000 Member
    Options
    Great job.
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I'm still hanging in there, I'm finding this weekend harder than the last one! I'm not wanting a glass of wine but I am thinking about it a lot!!! I'm determined to do this though and I am now feeling the benefits, my mind is much more focused and the weight is coming off

Awesome. It was hard for me at first as well. I would think about drinking. After a while i totally forgot about drinking and how i enjoyed a buzz. I had a few drinks last weekend for the first time since January and i can say i dont miss being drunk. Like being sharp and focused better.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,986 Member
    Options
    Ya, when I did Weight Watchers back in the day I was shocked to learn how many empty calories were in wine. I used to have a glass each night after work while gardening. And by glass, I mean a big one.

Cambro_2000P2156.jpg
  • hamlet1222
    hamlet1222 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Well done!

Can I ask, what did you drink instead?

I managed to cut back on wine by having a nice bottle of chilled San Pellegrino (Italian naturally sparkling water), it's expensive for water, but certainly a lot cheaper than wine, and you feel like you're enjoying a bit of luxury while drinking it (especially in a nice glass with a slice of lemon)!
  • angerelle
    angerelle Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    hamlet1222 wrote: »

I managed to cut back on wine by having a nice bottle of chilled San Pellegrino (Italian naturally sparkling water), it's expensive for water, but certainly a lot cheaper than wine, and you feel like you're enjoying a bit of luxury while drinking it (especially in a nice glass with a slice of lemon)!

I find the cheapest carbonated water is nice enough with ice and lemon. The other thing I like is some posh herbal tea, my favourite is
    Pukka licorice and cinnamon.
  • superhockeymom
    superhockeymom Posts: 2,000 Member
    Options
    Today was my first conscious no wine day the thing I noticed today was without 500 calories in wine I had way more food to eat. Needless to say I am a little under for the day but I'm sure I got a lot more nutrients. It will take some getting used to but I am sure I will feel better in the end.
  • alannacaveney
    alannacaveney Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Well done, you! Totally know how hard it can be to break that habit. I work in the wine industry, and I love the stuff. Way too easy to get free bottles and samples of different things, beer included. Just because I want to prove I can, and I know how much can drop off when you lose the empty calories in your current diet, I'm gonna give it up for as long as it takes me to drop the first 10 or 20kgs of my weight loss journey - tough ask with the Christmas parties and New Years coming up thick and fast...

Right now, I'm solely drinking water, black coffee with no sugar, or green tea (specifically the Healtheries Green Tea with Raspberry). If I'm trying to reach my 6-8 cups of water a day, I use Vital Zing Waterdrops (also in raspberry - it's my fave) to give it some flavour, or I'm making up a jug of "detox water" every now and again, have a half jug left of apple and cinnamon water in the fridge. So far, I haven't run into any problems or cravings. I'm a big homebody, so partying isn't a hurdle I have to factor in, but I do like my glass or two at night - and I won't be having that for the foreseeable future.

Good luck to all!!!
  • myoung15523
    myoung15523 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    hamlet1222 wrote: »
    Well done!

Hi, I try and drink something different at the weekends than what I would in the week, so I've been experimenting with low calorie ginger ale and elderflower cordial, also I have low calorie tonic water, bitter lemon and soda water and lime juice. Saturday I treated myself to a large hot chocolate as I have the calories left over to do it. I find this helps me not feel as though I am missing out. Although I'm not brave enough yet to go out with friends as they are all big drinkers on a night out and will try and talk me out of my mission
  • TracyeS4
    TracyeS4 Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I gain 1-2 pounds EVERY time that I drink. Got really tired of losing the same 2 pounds over and over and over again. I'm shooting for abstaining until Thanksgiving. It has been 1 month so far and I have FINALLY gotten over my 3 month plateau. I think you made a good choice.