any 5' 2 ladies willing to share success story and pics

Options
Just recently started MFP and looking for a little motivation. I'm 5'2 167lbs looking to loose around 35-40 lbs. And go! ☺

Replies

• vanbrita
    vanbrita Posts: 14 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Hi I am only 5 feet tall and I started my weight loss journey 2 years ago after a partial hip replacement which left me unable to do high-impact exercises. As a result I became a couch potato and was not eating healthy. I started with Weight Watchers where I lost 12 pounds but I came to a standstill and decided to turn it up a notch by running. At that time I was not watching my diet as I should have so my weight loss was very slow. I was drinking a lot of sweet wines and eating the wrong carbs but maintaining 1400 or less calories per day thinking I was doing fine as long as I stayed within my limit. Although the running helped, my weight loss was still very gradual. It wasn't until the last 8 months or so that I started eating clean (ish). I made the mistake of not taking measurements but I know that I have lost a lot of inches from eating better, running, and some weight lifting. My starting weight was 166 and today I am 139. I would like to lose another 10 pounds but I try not to pay attention to the scale because I am also building muscle. Take a look at the photo on my profile which is one I took about a month ago in comparison to the one on the left taken in 2013.
  • vanbrita
    vanbrita Posts: 14 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    azhzcqcpo2bt.jpg
    wo31r0v3nfzm.jpg

I recently moved and found the pic on the left. As you can see I was very swollen. I believe it was from the alcohol intake. I still have a drink about once a week but I do not drink sugary things like before. The picture on the right is not the best photo of me but I took it immediately to see the difference in my face. In a little over a year I have run six 5Ks and two Spartan races. I am NOT fast at all but I always keep in mind that I am my own competition!
  • MeAgain2011
    MeAgain2011 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    bump
  • learningtolove
    learningtolove Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3.
    4 years ago I lost 30 lbs with mfp,went from 140 to 110.
    Now here I am 4 years later,two pregnancys,and a bad breakup back at 140 trying to get under 130 this time. Im not a success story YET-but I am a succesful work in progress.
  • avsingleton
    avsingleton Posts: 98 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    0nnuuminq14y.jpg
    i'm 5'2, joined mfp in 2011. i was doing fabulous...i reached my weight goal of 115, somehow i fell off the wagon and gained 20 pounds. i started doing mfp again 15 days ago, so far i've lost 11 pounds, i have 9 more to go. once i reach my goal this time i'm just going to continue doing mfp, make it a way of life so i won't gain weight again. i use to be able to lose weight so fast, but now it seems like it takes forever. i don't want to ever find myself in this place again. i don't go to a gym, i workout at home. i lift weights, do treadmill, recumbent bike riding, aerobics and yoga. last saturday i did an hour walk on a track in the park, it was so nice and refreshing...the weather was gorgeous. i'm also doing a 30 day abs challenge and it's working...i can see my abs shaping up nicely. i work hard at eating healthy foods, staying away from sweets and fats. i don't eat red meats, only chicken, turkey and fish. it has always been my motto, if you gain 5 pounds you need to lose 5 pounds, that way you nip it in the bud before it gets out of hand, but some how i lost sight of that...not anymore....sooo looking forward to getting back to my weight goal again!
  • kimireasner1991
    kimireasner1991 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    At my heaviest I was 272 pounds. This morning I'm 222, I was on mfp before n lost weight, im hopeing to change myself inside n out. Feel free to add me n we can give each other motivation.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!